Wednesday, July 22, 2020

The Song of Birds

It’s Wednesday, and this week, I used Bluebird - TLF015 from High Hopes Rubber Stamps new release for the main image and Kiss of the Sun - H223 (High Hopes Rubber Stamps) for the sentiment. I just fell in love with this image and sentiment and knew it was the perfect combination for a slim line card.


Closer Look: Blue Bird


Closer Look: Poem


For my card this week, I stamped the images and sentiment onto Copic Marker X-Press It Blending Card using my MISTI and Memento - Tuxedo Black ink. The main image was die cut using my Cuttlebug and Essentials by Tattered Lace Dies - Easel Slider. The sentiment was die cut using My Creative Time - Rectangle Frame Dies and My Creative Time - Rectangle Frame Layers. The image was coloured in with Copic markers. Once all of the colouring was completed, I went around all of the die cuts with a Sharpie - Gold Medium Point - Water Based Paint pen.

I decided to make this a slim line card starting out with a white card base sized at 8.75" x 4". I just received some new Cosmic Shimmer Pixie Powders and just had to try them out. So I cut some Monte Marte - Watercolour Book - 190 GSM paper the same size and started playing. This background is the one that I decided to go with. I just loved the way it picked up some of the same colours as the flowers. The powder was easy to use. You just sprinkle some powder on the paper and spritz with water. You can't really make it out in the photo, but the paper actually has a beautiful pearlesque look to it. I also went around all of the sides of the base with the Sharpie pen as well. I then popped up the sentiment and coloured image with 3M VHB - 2 sided tape and added some embellishments.

When I went to decorate the little flower embellishments with Stickles - Yellow, some accidentally went onto my background paper.  I decided I really liked the look and then just added it everywhere using the tip of my stylus.

Card Recipe:

Stamp:  Bluebird - TLF015  (High Hopes Rubber Stamps)
Sentiment: Kiss of the Sun - H223 (High Hopes Rubber Stamps)
Inks: Memento - Tuxedo Black, Cosmic Shimmer Pixie Powder - Candy Pink
Paper: Copic Marker X-Press It Blending Card, Monte Marte - Watercolour Book - 190 GSM, Hot Pink cardstock
Die Cuts: My Creative Time - Rectangle Frame Dies, My Creative Time - Rectangle Frame Layers, Essentials by Tattered Lace Dies - Easel Slider
Tools: MISTI - Most Incredible Stamping Tool, Cuttlebug, 3M VHB - 2 sided tape, Craft - Rhinestone Stickers, Sharpie - Gold Medium Point - Water Based Paint

Image coloured with Copic Markers:

Flowers: RV17, RV04, RV02, RV000, E15, Y38, Y15, Y04
Leaves: YG67, YG17, YG09
Branches: E31, E29, E23
Bird: E99, E97, YR20, YR16, YR15, YR12, Y32, B39, B14, B12, B06, B05, BG01, C8, C5, C3, C1, C0, W5, W3, W1, Colorless Blender
Background: Y02, Y00, Y000, Q-Tip, Rubbing Alcohol
Main Background: Cosmic Shimmer Pixie Powder - Candy Pink, Stickles - Yellow, Forever In Time Bling Tape - Floral, Water Spritzer

Hope you like it and have a fantastic week!

Be sure to check out all of the fun new images on the High Hopes website. You can find lots of inspiration from the Design Team Divas at the High Hopes blog, and the High Hopes Rubber Stamps Facebook Fan page plus you can also follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Pinterest.




No comments: