Monday, July 20, 2020

Meet Fred!

I am an animal lover and dogs are some of my favourite so when I saw Fred in the new Summer 2020 release I had to have him! 
His head tilt just makes me laugh and adds to his cuteness! My dog is a rescue named Moe and now that he has finally settled in to this being his house, he has started the head tilt when I talk to him. 
Fred is perfect for a birthday card I need for a family member and for a card for a friend to add to my stash. I have big, future plans for the adorable Fred so you may just see him again - wink - he is just too fun! 







After colouring Fred in two different colour combos, I cut him out using a square and rectangle die. 
For the pink card I kept my layout simple and added him to some paper from Cocoa Vanilla. This card is for my niece (shhh don't tell) for her birthday and is coloured to match her dog and explains the pink lol. Some fishtail banners and a mini paw print were perfect to make my embellishment for the corner. Ribbon and enamel dots finish off the card.

The blue card is for my "to send a pick me up to a friend" stash. After I cut my stamp with a rectangle die I used a hill die to add an interesting edge to the bottom. I cut my card stock to fit and added the same curve.  I stamped the sentiment and cut it out using a journal card die I have in my stash. Some photo corners, twine and enamel dots finish off this card. Fred is popped up using foam pop dots to add some dimension. 

Card Recipe 
Stamp: Fred - High Hopes Rubber Stamps
Sentiment: Dot Simple Happy Birthday, Furr Ever - High Hopes Rubber Stamps
Patterned Paper: Midnight - Cocoa Vanilla, Lullaby - Pebbles, Spring Fling - Lawn Fawn

Tuxedo Black Memento ink, Hammermill 100lb cover stock, ribbon and twine, fishtail banner die - YNS, mini paw print die - YNS, enamel dots, photo corners - Quickutz, 3D foam pop dots, hill edge die - My Creative Time Dies, rectangle an square dies

 Copic and Spectrum Noir Markers:

Pink Card - E13 E17 E18 YG03 YG63 YG67 FS6 CR3 YG23 EB3 EB6 EB5 Prismacolor Pencils for shading Nectar, Pink Rose, Deco Peach 

Blue Card - IG1 IG3 IG6 W5 W6 W7 B01 B04 B06 YG03 YG17 YR02 OR2 OR3

The High Hopes Design team posts daily inspiration on Facebook and the High Hopes blog - we'd love for you to pop by for a visit! Inspiration can also be found on the High Hopes Instagram and Pinterest pages! 
                                                               
Thanks for stopping by! Have a super fantastic day!

No comments: