Wednesday, October 13, 2021

Brrr!!!

It’s Wednesday, and this week, I made a Christmas card using Havin' A Ball Snowman - S147 by High Hopes Rubber Stamps for the main image and Brr... - FDG004 (High Hopes Rubber Stamps) for the sentiment. Brr.... - Winter is coming soon!

To make my card this week, I began with a card base using Hammermill - Premium Colour 100 lb. cut to 4.25" x 5.5". I cut out the background from Heartfelt Creations - Merry and Bright Collection and sized it to 4" x 5.25". Adding double-sided tape, I adhered this to some yellow cardstock. I cut around the yellow cardstock and left a very thin border. Lastly, I applied some double-sided tape and glue and attached it to the base.

With my MISTI and Memento - Tuxedo Black ink, I stamped the image and sentiment onto Copic Marker X-Press It Blending Card. I coloured in the image and sentiment with Copic markers. I ran the sentiment through my Xyron Create a Sticker and then I fussy cut around the image and the sentiment. Using a black pen, I outlined all of the edges for the image and sentiment, except in the snowy area. I peeled off the backing to the sentiment pieces and adhered them to the card front. I glued the snowman image in place at the bottom of the cut out background. I applied Stickles - Sea Glass to the Sweater cuffs and trim and a little bit in the snow at the bottom of the snowman. Stickles - HIbiscus was applied to the hat trim and pom pom. Stickles - Diamond was added to the snowballs and Stickles Crystal, Diamond and Stardust were all added to the snow to finish off the card.

Card Recipe:

Stamp: Havin' A Ball Snowman - S147 (High Hopes Rubber Stamps)

Sentiment: Brr... - FDG004 (High Hopes Rubber Stamps)

Inks: Memento - Tuxedo Black

Paper: Copic Marker X-Press It Blending Card, Hammermill - Premium Colour 100 lb. cardstock, Heartfelt Creations - Merry and Bright Collection, Yellow Cardstock

Stickles: Sea Glass, Hibiscus, Crystal, Diamond, Stardust

Tools: MISTI - Most Incredible Stamping Tool, Xyron Create a Sticker

Image coloured with Copic Markers:

Snowman and Snowballs: B60, C1, C00, R30, R20, YR18, YR15, YR14, E27, E25, E23

Hat and Scarf: RV66, RV63, RV55, Y17, Y15, Y13

Sweater: B04, B02, B01, B00

Boots: RV66, RV63, RV55, B04, B02, B01, B00, C7, C5, C3, C1

Sentiment: RV66, RV63, RV55, Y17, Y15, Y13, B04, B02, B01, B00

Hope you like it and have a fantastic week!

You can find lots of inspiration from the Design Team Divas at the High Hopes blog, and the High Hopes Rubber Stamps Facebook Fan page plus you can also follow us on
Instagram, Twitter and Pinterest.



No comments: