Thursday, October 28, 2021

Beary Good Friends

  I have to be honest, winter is not my favourite time of year but it has it's beautiful moments. When the sky is blue, there is snow on the trees and the sun is shining and making the snow sparkle like little diamonds it is breathtaking. 

These are the days I love to take my best 4 legged pal for a little longer walk than usual - if it's not too cold - and these days are the inspiration for my card. I used the Winter Wonderland Background and Beary Good Friends to create my winter wonderland scene. 


                                                                     
After stamping my stamps with Memento Tuxedo Black ink I coloured them with Copic markers. I hand fussy cut the friends stamp and added some Star Dust Stickles and white paint for a falling snow effect on the background stamp. 

Next, I used a label die to cut out the middle of the background - yes I held my breath while I did this! I cut a dark navy card stock piece to fit my card front (4.5 x 4.5") and layed the frame piece of my background on it to line up the label die and cut it to create the frame.
It took a bit of patience and lining up to add the background piece to the card stock but I added some foam pop dots and set it in place. The next step was to add the"cut" background piece to the base piece of card stock. To finish creating my scene I added the friends stamp in the middle of the frame with foam pop dots. I added the sentiment, glitter dots and matching sparkly ribbon to finish off my card. 

Card Recipe 

Stamp: Beary Good FriendsWinter Wonderland Background - High Hopes Rubber Stamps

Sentiment - Winter Wonderland - High Hopes Rubber Stamps



Tuxedo Black Memento ink, Hammermill 100lb digital cover stock, foam pop dots, Star Dust Stickles, white acrylic paint, glitter dots, ribbon, label die - Spellbinders 


 Copic Markers:

Penguin Body - N4 N5 N8 N10

Beak/Feet Y11 Y15 Y17

Hat/Scarf - YG01 YG03 YG17 G28

Bear - E30 E31 E43 E34 E35 E27

Nose - N4 N5 N8 N10

Hat/Scarf - B34 B37 B39



Thanks for stopping by! Have a super fantastic day!




No comments: