Tuesday, November 2, 2021

Dropping A Line!!!

It’s Wednesday, and this week, I made a birthday card using Just Fishin' - TLF029 by High Hopes Rubber Stamps for the main image and Dropping A Line - FFL013 (High Hopes Rubber Stamps) for the sentiment. High Hopes just released November "Gnome Mania". There are so many new super adorable gnomes to choose from.

To make my card this week, I began with a card base of Hammermill - Premium Colour 100 lb. cardstock, cut and scored to be 5.5" x 4.25". I cut the background paper from Rust coloured cardstock to be the same size and applied this directly to the base card using double-sided tape. Using my Cuttlebug and My Creative Time - Rectangle Frame Layers, I die cut the patterned paper from Photo-Play - Camp Happy Bear. Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Evergreen Bough was used to ink around the edges. I added some thin double-sided U-line tape to this piece and popped it up onto the background. With my MISTI and Memento - Tuxedo Black ink, I stamped both the image and the sentiment onto Copic Marker X-Press It Blending Card. Craftin Desert Diva's - Inside Scalloped Squares dies were used to die cut the Rust coloured paper and Copic Marker X-Press It Blending Card. I cut a 3.75" square out of Hammermill - Premium Colour 100 lb. cardstock and used this to piece the 2 die-cuts together after I finished colouring in the image with Copic Markers. This made the 2 pieces more sturdy for adding double-sided tape to pop it up onto the printed background. I die-cut the sentiment using My Creative Time - Curly Frames and then ran it through my Xyron Create a Sticker so that it would lay nice and flat onto the Rust coloured cardstock. I didn't have a larger border frame, so I used my Brother Scan and Cut to create a border around the die cut. Lastly, to finish off the card, I popped this up using U-Line double-sided tape.

Card Recipe:

Stamp: Just Fishin' - TLF029 (High Hopes Rubber Stamps)

Sentiment: Dropping A Line - FFL013 (High Hopes Rubber Stamps)

Inks: Memento - Tuxedo Black. Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Evergreen Bough

Paper: Copic Marker X-Press It Blending Card, Hammermill - Premium Colour 100 lb., Photo-Play - Camp Happy Bear (6" x 6"), Rust Cardstock

Die Cuts: Craftin Desert Diva's - Inside Scalloped Squares (Retired), My Creative Time - Rectangle Frame Layers, My Creative Time - Curly Frames

Tools: MISTI - Most Incredible Stamping Tool, U-Line - 2 sided tape, Brother Scan and Cut, Xyron Create a Sticker

Image coloured with Copic Markers:

Skin: E21, E11, E00, E000, R30, R20

Beard: E47, E44, E43, E41

Hat and Shirt: E89, E87, E84, E25, E23, E21

Jeans: B26, B23, B21

Tree Stump: E49, E35, E33, E25, E23

Cattail and Grass: E49, E25, E31, YG17, YG13, YG11, YG03, YG01

Fishing Rod and Reel: E25, E23, G05, G02, C3

Fish: E97, E94, E19, E17

Stones: T6, T4, T1

Water and Droplets: BG05, BG02, BG000, B05, B01

Hope you like it and have a fantastic week!

You can find lots of inspiration from the Design Team Divas at the High Hopes blog, and the High Hopes Rubber Stamps Facebook Fan page plus you can also follow us on
Instagram, Twitter and Pinterest.



No comments: