Thursday, September 14, 2023

Home For Christmas

 I missed Christmas last year. There was a three day snow storm that started on Dec. 24 and didn't stop until Dec. 27. It was literally like we were in a snow globe and not safe to travel anywhere. I'm not sure if I could have even walked to my Mom's if I lived closer but being snowed in and a Christmas snow storm was the inspiration for my card featuring "Christmas Gofer" from High Hopes Rubber Stamps.



I stamped onto alcohol marker friendly paper and coloured with Copic markers. I hand sketched some extra snow banks and used a Copic multi liner pen on them when I was happy with their placement. I added the lines because I wanted it to look like big, deep piles of snow that this adorable gofer was trying to get through. I found some paper from Whimsy Stamps for my background paper and cut it to size and cut some trees out of a border die. Then, I held my breath and splattered some watered down white acrylic paint over the whole scene to look like he was in a blizzard. 

I chose two sentiments to mask off and stamp to create the sentiments for my card. Some sparkly snowflakes cut out of a snowflake border die and enamel dots finish off my card. 


Stamp Recipe
Stamps - Christmas Gofer (TDG003)- High Hopes Rubber Stamps
Sentiment - All Hearts (HDG004), Gnome For Christmas (GDG005) - High Hopes Rubber Stamps
Patterned Paper - Blurry Flurries - Whimsy Stamps

Memento Tuxedo Black ink, Hammermill Digital Cover Card Stock, enamel dots, white acrylic paint, snowflake border die - Whimsy Stamps, tree border die - Gina Marie Designs

Copic Markers
Nose - E25 E27 E29
Body - E33 E35 E57
Hat/Scarf - YG61 YG63 YG67 R24 R34 R59
Ornaments - YG61 YG63 YG67 R28 E30 E31 E43 C0 C1 C2
Berries - R24 R37 R59
Snow - B000 B00 B01 B02

Thanks for stopping by! Have a super fantastic day!

No comments: