Thursday, September 7, 2023

Thanksgiving Mice

  The leaves are starting to turn beautiful fall colours where I live and that means fall and Thanksgiving are just around the corner. I feel the leaves are changing early this year but it has inspired me to get my Thanksgiving cards started. White pumpkins are very popular where I live so I stepped out of my comfort zone and coloured the pumpkin on the "Harvest Mice" stamp from High Hopes Rubber Stamps as a white pumpkin instead of the traditional orange for my first Thanksgiving card of the year. How cute are these three!?!



After stamping on to alcohol marker friendly paper, I coloured with Copic markers, added polka dots to the dress with a white gel pen and added some clouds with a cloud die cut and Tumbled Glass Distress ink. Then, I cut the image to size to fit my 5.5" x 5.5" card base and cut the bottom with a stitched edge die. I set that aside and cut some card stock and polka dot paper from Simple Stories to add to the card base. I used the same stitched border die for the card stock to put behind the stamp to help it stand out better. I stamped and cut the sentiment and tucked it under the stamped image. Enamel dots finish off my card. 


Stamp Recipe
Stamps - Harvest Mice (S155)- High Hopes Rubber Stamps
Sentiment - Happy Thanksgiving (F203)
Patterned Paper - Simple Stories

Memento Tuxedo Black ink, Hammermill Digital Cover Card Stock, cloud die - Quickutz, Tumbled Glass Distress ink, stitched border die - Pretty Pink Posh, enamel dots

Copic Markers
Pumpkin - E81 E84 V20 G40 G43 G24 B01
Mice - W2 W4 W5 W7 
Noses - N4 N5 N8 
Clothing - B91 B93 B95 B97 E11 E08 E19 E18
Grass - G40 G43 

Thanks for stopping by! Have a super fantastic day!

No comments: