Thursday, August 8, 2019

Carrot Harvest Express

Fall is my favourite season. I love the cooler temperatures and snuggling up in my cozy sweaters. It is also my favourite time because the fresh produce stands start popping up at the end of the farm lane ways and at the farm markets where I live. 

"Carrot Express"  is "technically" a spring themed stamp but I wanted to challenge myself to use it in a different way. I created a scene where he is sitting in front of his carrot patch waiting for people to come purchase his carrots. And truthfully, his little red carrot express wagon just makes me smile! 




I coloured up this cutie with alcohol markers, added some shading with Prisma pencils and hand fussy cut him. After setting him aside, I started building my scene. Carrot tops from the Just Because Cards Cricut cartridge were perfect to help create his carrot field. Some blue paper for the sky and some stitched clouds helped finish off my scene. I cut a circle with my fiskars circle cutter and then used a circle Spellbinders die to cut out the middle. This gave me the circle to put in the background. I added the stamp using pop dots and the happy harvest sentiment, some fishtail flags and gumdrops finish off my card. 

Card Recipe 
Stamp:Carrot Express- High Hopes Rubber Stamps
Sentiment: Bold Happy Harvest - High Hopes Rubber Stamps
Patterned Paper: Tiny Check - MFT, Piggy Tails 

Tuxedo Black Memento ink, Hammermill digital cover stock, Just Because Cards cartridge - Cricut, My Creative Time Dies, Circle die - Spellbinders, Fiskars circle cutter, stitched cloud die - YNS, fishtail banner die - YNS, gumdrops - YNS, Forever In Time Pop Dots

Spectrum Noir Markers:IG1 IG3 IG5 CR7 CR11 DR7 BG5 BG7 BG10 TB8 BT9 TB9 OR1 OR2 OR3
Copics: RV11 RV32 RV34
Prismacolor pencils: moss green, kelp green, yellow charteuse, cadmium orange hue, scarlet lake, orange, dark purple, 10% 30% 70% cool grey.

The High Hopes Design team posts daily inspiration on Facebook and the blog. Inspiration can also be found on Instagram and Pinterest! 
                                                               
Thanks for stopping by! Have a super fantastic day!

No comments: