Thursday, January 30, 2020

Hugs and Hugs and Hugs

Sometimes we all just need a hug! Whether it is in person or in a card for Valentine's Day, a thinking of you or a miss you card - a hug in person or in a card helps the recipient know how special they are! 
These "Monkey Mates" from High Hopes are happy to share a hug and I love when I have a stamp in my stash that can be used for so many occasions. 



I coloured up this adorable pair with alcohol markers, added some shading with Prismacolor pencils and hand fussy cut them leaving a thin white edge. I chose some patterned paper from Bo Bunny - one is a little darker and bolder then I normally use, gulp - and cut the pieces to fit my card base. The scallop edge was cut with my Cricut using the "book" feature and the Elegant Edges cartridge. I stamped the sentiment and mounted it on matching cardstock and placed it to go off the edge of the card. Some ribbon and enamel dots finish off my card.  
  
Card Recipe 
Stamp: Monkey Mates - High Hopes Rubber Stamps
Sentiment - Hugs & Hugs - High Hopes Rubber Stamps
Patterned Paper: Only You and Stay While Collections - Bo Bunny 

Tuxedo Black Memento ink, Hammermill digital cover stock, Elegant Edges cartridge - Cricut (Provo Craft), white gel pen, classic circle die - Spellbinders, ribbon - stash, enamel dots - Gina Marie Designs

Spectrum Noir and Copic Markers: MB2 MB3 R20 DP3 DP4
Prismacolor Premier Pencils: dark brown, beige sienna, peach beige

The High Hopes Design team posts daily inspiration on Facebook and the High Hopes blog - we'd love for you to pop by for a visit! Inspiration can also be found on the High Hopes Instagram and Pinterest pages! 
                                                               
Thanks for stopping by! Have a super fantastic day!

No comments: