Wednesday, January 29, 2020

Sweets for my Sooeet!!!

Valentine's Day Is Almost Here!!! Who Wants Chocolate???

It’s Wednesday, and since Valentine's Day is almost here, I thought I'd share this adorable little piggy called  Sow Soo-Eet Piggy (S091) from High Hopes Rubber Stamps! He sure does love his chocolate and so do I. LOL! I'm a choc-o-holic and so is my husband! I can give up many things, but not my chocolate. No way! LOL! And the sentiment Sweets for my Sooeet (G197) by High Hopes Rubber Stamps is the perfect fit for this card.


I decided to keep the card simple this week. I started off with a base of 5.5" x 5.5". I used double side tape and added the pretty heart ribbon to both the top and bottom of the card.

The die cuts for the main image are both from Craftin Desert Diva's - Fancy Frames. I edged around the large die cut with Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Aged Mahagony to deepen the red. It was then attached to the card using 2 sided tape.

The main image was stamped onto Copic Marker X-Press It Blending Card and then coloured in with Copic Markers. I left the die cut metal frame on while I coloured the image. Once, the coloured image was done, I was ready to add some clouds. To do this, I stamped the image again onto some Post-It paper and then cut it out to create a masked image. I layered this on top of the pig and Valentine's boxes and then created the clouds in the background using various blues from Tim Holtz Ranger Distress Ink and a stencil that I created using Avery Elle - D-05-01 PiercedCloudsDie.

Lastly, I stamped the sentiment onto white card stock. I die cut the frame for the sentiment with Craftin Desert Diva's - Flag Banner Dies out of red cardstock. Then I used the same red cardstock, which I had just cut the banner out of to use as a stencil to trace around my sentiment.  I then used the trace marks as a guide to cut the sentiment out, moving just slightly inwards from my tracing to create the inner banner. This allowed me to have a nice red frame around the sentiment.

To finish the card I popped up the coloured image and sentiment with 3M VHB - 2 sided tape and added a couple of hearts.

Card Recipe:

Stamp: Sow Soo-Eet Piggy (S091) (High Hopes Rubber Stamps)

Sentiment: Sweets for my Sooeet (G197) (High Hopes Rubber Stamps)

Inks: Memento - Tuxedo Black, Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Salty Ocean, Tim Holtz Ranger Distress Ink - Broken China, Tim Holtz Distress Inks - Tumbled Glass, Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Aged Mahagony

Paper: Copic Marker X-Press It Blending Card

Die Cuts: Avery Elle - Custom Steel Dies - Made in the USA - D-05-01 PiercedCloudsDie, Craftin Desert Diva's Fancy Frames, Craftin Desert Diva's - Flag Banner Dies

Tools: MISTI - Most Incredible Stamping Tool, Cuttlebug

Miscellaneous: Kraftin Kimmie - Heart Krafty Dots, American Crafts Premium Ribbon

Image coloured with Copic Markers:

Pig: R22, R20, R000, R00, E93, E44, E43, E41, E04, E37, E35, E34

Shirt: B18, B16, B14, B12, R29, R27, R24

Valentine boxes: R29, R27, R24, R22, R17, R14, C1, C0

Chocolate Wrappers: E37, E34, E29, E25, E23

Ground: E99, E97, E33, E31, E30

Hope you like it and have a fantastic week!
You can find lots of inspiration from the Design Team Divas at the High Hopes blog, and the High Hopes Rubber Stamps Facebook Fan page plus you can also follow us on
Instagram, Twitter and Pinterest.




No comments: