Wednesday, January 8, 2020

Owl Always Love You!!

Welcome High Hopes Rubber Stamps Fans!

It’s Wednesday, and this week I'm sharing a card that I made using 2 little love birds called Feathered Friends S261 for the main image and Owl Love You G239 for the sentiment.

This card can be used for either Valentine's Day or for an Anniversary.


I decided to try something new this week and wanted to make the owl's feathers look real. I believe that I was finally able to get the look that I was after. LOL!

After my main image was all coloured in, it was time to create the sky. Before doing this, I decided to die cut the image first using Lawn Fawn - Fancy Scalloped Rectangle Stackables. Next, I taped the main image down onto a piece of thin cardboard and then taped the die cut down on top of it.


This allowed me to use the inner part of the frame to colour and to leave the outer part of the frame white. I used a variety of Blue Copic markers to create the sky. I had also drawn in some heart shaped clouds with BG70 first, so that I would know where to stop with the other blues. Once my sky was all coloured in, I then used a Colorless Blender to soften the images around the cloud-shaped hearts and also to create some other small hearts as you can see in the finished card above.

To complete the card, I mounted everything onto Cyan and White cardstock and then mounted the image and sentiment on top using 3M VHB - 2 sided tape. Lastly, I added in some small hearts which I had die cut using Sizzix Framelets by Stephanie Barnard - 562676 - Hearts Dotted die. I ran these little hearts through my Xyron to turn them into stickers and then placed them onto the card.

Card Recipe:

Stamp:  Feathered Friends S261  (High Hopes Rubber Stamps)

Sentiment: Owl Love You G239 (High Hopes Rubber Stamps)

Inks: Memento - Tuxedo Black

Paper: Copic Marker X-Press It Blending Card, Simply Cards & Papercraft - Valentine's Day Cardmaking PackSimply Cards & Papercraft - Valentine's Day Cardmaking Pack, Cyan Cardstock

Die Cuts: Lawn Fawn - Fancy Scalloped Rectangle Stackables, Sizzix Framelets by Stephanie Barnard - 562676 - Hearts Dotted

Tools: MISTI - Most Incredible Stamping Tool, Cuttlebug, Xyron Create-A-Sticker

Image coloured with Copic Markers:

Owls: W7, W5, W3, W1, W0, E97, E95, E15, B05, B26, Black PrismaColor Pencil, Gelly Roll Sakura #5 Pen

Eyes: E15, YR18, YR16, Y35, Y08, Sakura Glaze - Black, Black PrismaColor Pencil

Heart: R59, R37, R35

Tree Branch: E29, E25, E23

Sky: B04, B02, B01, B00, B000, BG70, Colorless Blender

Hope you like it and have a fantastic week!

You can find lots of inspiration from the Design Team Divas at the High Hopes blog, and the High Hopes Rubber Stamps Facebook Fan page plus you can also follow us on
Instagram, Twitter and Pinterest.



No comments: