Thursday, October 15, 2020

Baking Love

  Christmas cookie baking season is just around the corner! Our favourite to make as kids were what we called sugar cookies. When we were young Mom cut the shapes out and baked them and we decorated them - often with too much icing and too many sprinkles of course but we sure had fun!

As adults my younger sister has a natural talent for making amazing cookies! She uses royal icing if I remember correctly and has created cookies for every occasion and life event. I had a chance to take a class with her last year and I have a whole new respect for her and her decorating talents! 

 Baking Ginger from High Hopes Rubber Stamps reminds me of my sisters talents and is perfect for a card for her. I have a feeling her secret ingredient - just like my Mom's - is love......



I coloured Ginger with Copic markers and added Twinkle Stickles on her "icing". I hand fussy cut her and ran a black marker around the edge to get any white I had missed. I have some fun cookie dies given to me by a sweet crafty friend and I decided one of them was perfect for this card design. Patterned paper from Carta Bella and 49 and Market were the right mix and I cut them to size and inked all the edges. 
I cut a tag and added some matching patterned paper and put Ginger on it with foam pop dots. 
Next I die cut the whisk and spoon and added the heart - how perfect are these for this stamp!? and inked the edges. A ribbon bow and enamel dots finish off my card. 

Card Recipe 

Stamp: Baking Ginger - High Hopes Rubber Stamps

Sentiment: Lovin' From My Oven - High Hopes Rubber Stamps

Patterned Paper: Snow Much Fun - Carta Bella, Sky Mini Collection - 49 and Market


Tuxedo Black Memento ink, Hammermill 100lb digital cover stock, whisk and spoon die - Alexandra Renke.com, cookie die - Fresh Baked #1 Tim Holtz, tag - Tutti Designs, twinkle Stickles, antique linen Distress ink, foam pop dots, ribbon, enamel dots


 Copic Markers:


Body -E34 E35 E29

Hat, Apron - C2 C1 B91 B93 B97

Spoon - E40 E41 E42 

                                                               

Thanks for stopping by! Have a super fantastic day!


No comments: