Saturday, October 10, 2020

Musical Penguin Parade

Hi There! Today I'd like to share a Christmas Card I made using Top Hat Penguin - RLF005 (High Hopes Rubber Stamps), Trumpet Penguin - RLF006 (High Hopes Rubber Stamps) and Flute Penguin - RLF002 (High Hopes Rubber Stamps). Musical Wishes - GLL014 (High Hopes Rubber Stamps) was chosen for the sentiment. I just love these adorable penguins and couldn't resist putting them all together to create a musical penguin parade. LOL!


To make my card this week, I used Recollections - White cardstock for the base card which is 7.25" x 7". I scored the paper at 3.5" to create the dimensions of 7.25" x 3.5". The red background was cut to the same size using Crafter's Companion Luxury Cardstock - Red. The musical notes layer was cut from Craftsmart - Classic Village at 7" x 3.25". The snowy background was die cut to the same size in length using Recollections - Christmas Inkjet Printable Glitter Paper. I used My Creative Time - Tall Frame Dies, My Creative Time - Tall Frame Layers in order to achieve this. Once the snowy background paper was die cut, I tore along it in order to create the illusion of white snow drifts along the top of the snow. I adhered all of the layers with double-sided tape. Using my large Misti, I stamped the sentiment using Versa Fine - Onyx Black and embossed it with Ranger - Clear Super Fine Detail embossing powder. Marvy Uchida - Embossing Heat Tool was used to heat set the embossing powder.

I stamped all of the images onto Copic Marker X-Press It Blending Card using my Misti and Memento - Tuxedo Black ink. The images were then all coloured in with Copic markers and die cut using my Brother Scan and Cut machine. Then I ran all of the images through my Xyron Creative Station to make them all stickers. I placed them on the card and then used Stickles - Diamond to create some snow drifts. Clear - Wink of Stella was added to the Candy Cane to make it sparkle and also to all of the leaves and holly on the hats.

To complete the card, I edged all around the scene with Stickles - Sea Glass.

Card Recipe:

Stamp:  Top Hat Penguin - RLF005 (High Hopes Rubber Stamps), Trumpet Penguin - RLF006 (High Hopes Rubber Stamps), Flute Penguin - RLF002 (High Hopes Rubber Stamps)

Sentiment Background: Musical Wishes - GLL014 (High Hopes Rubber Stamps)

Inks: Memento - Tuxedo Black, Versa Fine - Onyx Black

Paper: Copic Marker X-Press It Blending Card, Recollections - Christmas Inkjet Printable Glitter Paper - 8.5 x 11", Hot Buy Craftsmart - Classic Village - 12" x 12" paper, Crafter's Companion Luxury Cardstock - Red - 8.5 x 11"

Die Cuts: My Creative Time - Tall Frame Dies, My Creative Time - Tall Frame Layers

Embossing Powder: Ranger - Clear Super Fine Detail embossing powder

Tools: MISTI - Most Incredible Stamping Tool, Cuttlebug,  Xyron Creative Station, Stickles - Sea Glass, Stickles - Diamond, Clear - Wink of Stella, Marvy Uchida - Embossing Heat Tool

Images coloured with Copic Markers:

Penguin Bodies: W9, W7, W5, W3, E15, Y17, YR16, YR15, E43, E42, E41, E40, R11, RV00, Colorless Blender, White Prismacolor Premier Pencil

Top Hats: C9, C8, C6, C3

Scarfs and Hat Bands: BG78, BG75, BG09, BG07, BG02

Vest and Mouse: R59, R39, R37, R24, C3, C1

Horn and Flute: E97, E23, Y17, Y15, Y11

Holly and Leaves: YG97, YG95, YG01, G21, R39, R24

Bird: Y19, Y15, Y11, YR15

Candy Cane: R37, R35, C1, C0, Colorless Blender, Clear - Wink of Stella

Hope you like it and have a fantastic week!

You can find lots of inspiration from the Design Team Divas at the High Hopes blog, and the High Hopes Rubber Stamps Facebook Fan page plus you can also follow us on
Instagram, Twitter and Pinterest.




No comments: