Wednesday, November 25, 2020

Nutcracker - Seasons Greetings!!!

It’s Wednesday, and this week I'm sharing a Christmas card featuring Nutcracker - M104 from (High Hopes Rubber Stamps) paired with the sentiment Seasons Greetings - F300A (High Hopes Rubber Stamps). It's always fun to use Nutcrackers at Christmas time, that is if your parents let you play with them? LOL! Do you use your nutcrackers if you have one or are they strictly for decoration?

To create the card this week, I stamped the main image using my MISTI and Memento - Tuxedo Black ink onto Copic Marker X-Press It Blending Card. Then I die cut the image using Creative Expression Craft Dies by Sue Wilson - Noble Dies - Double Pierced Ovals and my Cuttlebug. The image was then coloured in with Copic Markers.

I stamped the sentiment using VersaMark Ink and then embossed it with Ranger - Super Fine Gold Embossing Powder. This was then heated using my Marvy Uchida - Embossing Heat Tool.  I used the same die cuts to cut the remaining ovals. I used PhotoPlay - Christmas Memories for the main background paper and cut it to 6" x 6". I edged around the main background, background patterned oval and sentiment with Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Mowed Lawn. To create the ribbon, I used some scrap red cardstock, Crafts - Sparkling Stickers - 02-3068629 - Gold and white cardstock. For the Sparkling stickers, I first attached the paper to some white cardstock to give it more stability. Once the pieces for the ribbons were created, I ran all of them through my Xyron Create a Sticker to make it easier to adhere the layers to each other.

The card was now ready to assemble, I attached the main background to a card base of 6" x 6". I layered all of the rectangles to create my ribbon and also added the sentiment to this ribbon as well. I then placed this directly onto the base card. The ovals were all popped up using 3M VHB - 2 sided tape.

Card Recipe:

Stamp: Nutcracker - M104 (High Hopes Rubber Stamps)

Sentiment: Seasons Greetings - F300A (High Hopes Rubber Stamps)

Inks: Memento - Tuxedo Black, VersaMark, Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Mowed Lawn

Paper: Copic Marker X-Press It Blending Card, Hammermill - Premium Colour 100 lb., Crafts - Sparkling Stickers - 02-3068629 - Red, PhotoPlay - Christmas Memories (6"x6"), Crafts - Sparkling Stickers - 02-3068629 - Gold

Die Cuts: Creative Expression Craft Dies by Sue Wilson - Noble Dies - Double Pierced Ovals

Embossing Powder: Ranger - Super Fine Gold Embossing powder

Tools and Miscellaneous: MISTI - Most Incredible Stamping Tool, Cuttlebug, Marvy Uchida - Embossing Heat Tool, Xyron Create a Sticker

Image coloured with Copic Markers:

Skin: E21, E11, E04, E00, E000, R22, R21, R20, C1

Hair and Beard: E49, E47, E44, E43

Hat and Outfit: R59, R39, R37, R35, G99, G21, YG67, YG17, E15, Y35, YR24, Y08, Yellow gem

Boots: C10, C8, C7, C6, C5, C3

Hope you like it and have a fantastic week!

You can find lots of inspiration from the Design Team Divas at the High Hopes blog, and the High Hopes Rubber Stamps Facebook Fan page plus you can also follow us on
Instagram, Twitter and Pinterest.



No comments: