Wednesday, November 18, 2020

Santa in the Chimney!!!

It’s Wednesday, and this week I'm sharing a Christmas card featuring Santa in Chimney - S202 from (High Hopes Rubber Stamps) paired with the sentiment Bold - From One Flake - K201 (High Hopes Rubber Stamps). December is almost here and Santa is on his way to deliver all of the goodies to everyone. Hope your not on the naughty list. LOL!


To create the card this week, I stamped the main image and then coloured it in with Copic Markers. I stamped the image again and used it as a mask. I have a magnetic cutting mat, so I just used a very strong magnet to hold the mask down. Then I used multiple Tim Holtz Distress Inks to create the sky.


Once the sky was created, I removed the mask and used My Creative Time - Rectangle Frame to die cut the image. I added the sentiment using the top half of the sentiment stamp only. To do this, using my MISTI to get a good clean stamped image, I used VersaMark Ink and then embossed it with Ranger Embossing Powder White – Extra Fine Detail. This was then heated using Marvy Uchida - Embossing Heat Tool.

To finish off my background, I added in some snowflakes and stars using Gelly Roll Sakura #10 Pen and Gelly Roll Sakura #5 Pen. For the eyes and notches on the belt, Sakura Glaze - Black ink was used. For the snow on the roof top, Gina K Designs - Glitz Glitter Gel was applied with a little sprinkle of Martha Stewart Crafts - Crystal Fine Glitter. Stickles was added to the hat, collar and cuffs of Santa's outfit.

To create the layers, I first die cut Hot Buy Craft Smart - Holiday Glitz Glitter Paper with My Creative Time - Rectangle Frame Layers and then the dark blue panel with My Creative Time - Rectangle Frame dies. For the card, I used Hammermill - Premium Colour 100 lb. paper, which was cut at 8.5" x 5.5" and then scored at 4.25" and to create a base card of 4.25" x 5.5".

To assemble the remainder of the card. I placed the dark blue layer directly to the base using double-sided tape. The silver layer was applied the same way. The coloured image was then popped up using 3M VHB - 2 sided tape.

Card Recipe:

Stamp: Santa in Chimney - S202 (High Hopes Rubber Stamps)

Sentiment: Bold - From One Flake - K201 (High Hopes Rubber Stamps)

Inks: Memento - Tuxedo Black, Tim Holtz Distress Inks - Black Soot, Dusty Concord, Blueprint Sketch and Chipped Sapphire, VersaMark

Paper: Copic Marker X-Press It Blending Card, Hot Buy Craft Smart - Holiday Glitz Glitter Paper 12" x 12", Dark Blue Cardstock, Hammermill - Premium Colour 100 lb.

Die Cuts: My Creative Time - Rectangle Frame Layers, My Creative Time - Rectangle Frame Dies

Embossing Powder: Ranger Embossing Powder White – Extra Fine Detail

Glitter: Martha Stewart Crafts - Crystal Fine Glitter, Gina K Designs - Glitz Glitter Gel, Stickles

Tools and Miscellaneous: MISTI - Most Incredible Stamping Tool, Cuttlebug, Marvy Uchida - Embossing Heat Tool

Image coloured with Copic Markers:

Skin: E21, E11, E04, E00, E000, R22, R21, R20

Hair and Beard: W3, W2, W1, W00

Hat and Outfit: R59, R39, R37, R35, Stickles

Belt: C9, C7, C5, C4, E15, YR24, Y35, Y08

Mitts: C9, C7, C4

Sack: G94, G28, G09, G07, G05, YG67, YG63, YG61

Chimney: E99, E97, E13, E08, T5, T3, T1

Hope you like it and have a fantastic week!

You can find lots of inspiration from the Design Team Divas at the High Hopes blog, and the High Hopes Rubber Stamps Facebook Fan page plus you can also follow us on
Instagram, Twitter and Pinterest.






No comments: