Thursday, February 23, 2023

Skateboarder Birthday

  At the beginning of the year I gave myself a challenge. I want to make one birthday card a month so I'm not stuck - like I always am - making a birthday card the night before a birthday dinner. I all of a sudden realized that this is my last post for February and I haven't made a birthday card yet this month! 

Since I have a number of teen and young adult nephews I decided that "Skateboarder Gabriel" would be perfect for a card for one of them. 




I stamped my image on alcohol marker friendly paper, coloured him with Copic markers and hand fussy cut him. I set him aside and found paper from Honey Bee Stamps and My Favourite Things to create the background. Two polaroid dies helped frame the stamp. After cutting the polaroids I cut them again with patterned paper and used the Swirling Stars die from Tim Holtz to cut the stars out before gluing the inside of the polaroid die down. 
Then, I cut some swirling stars from matching blue card stock and put them back into the die. The stars on the left were left over so I randomly placed them on this side. The sentiment was masked off from a larger sentiment, stamped, cut and put on matching card stock. The stamp was added on last and is popped up with foam pop dots. Enamel dots finish off my card. 


Card Details
Stamps - Skateboarder Gabriel (TT521)- High Hopes Rubber Stamps
Sentiment - Transmitting Birthday Wishes (F246)
Patterned Paper - Watercolor Washes - MFT, Modern Spring - Honey Bee Stamps

Memento Tuxedo Black ink, Hammermill Digital Cover Card Stock, foam pop dots, Swirling Stars die - Tim Holtz, polaroid die - Your Next Stamp, enamel dots

Copic Markers
Skin - E00 E11 E21 E04 
Pants - B34 B37 B39
Hair - E23 E25 E27
Skateboard - R24 R27 R37 R59 N6 N8 N10
Shirt - Y11 Y15 Y17 
Shoes - E25 E27 E29


Thanks for stopping by! Have a super fantastic day!

No comments: