Thursday, May 4, 2023

Note From A Hedgy

 I love having cards on hand to send as a pick me up or just to say hi to someone in my life who needs a smile or to know I am thinking of them. I can't help but smile along with "Hedgy In Tulip" from High Hopes Rubber Stamps as he greets his butterfly friend and I hope this brings a smile to the recipient as well.


I stamped on alcohol marker friendly paper, coloured with Copic markers and hand fussy cut the stamp leaving a very thin white edge. Those who follow me know I use manicure scissors for fussy cutting but this week I took a new pair of scissors for a spin......I like them but I will have to get used to them. 
Next I cut a piece of white card stock and blended some Perfect Plum ink in an oval shape in the background. 
Next I put the card stock in my Misti and stamped the sentiment and rounded the corners on the right side. I set that aside and cut coloured card stock to fit my A2 size base and cut a notebook edge on the side and on the white card stock piece and rounded the two right corners. I didn't like how the two looked when they laid on top of each other so I put the cut off piece from the die back in to the coloured card stock piece and glued everything down. 
I glued the stamp into the middle of the ink blend and added a few clear dots to finish off the card. 

Card Details
Stamps -Hedgy In Tulip (SDG007) - High Hopes Rubber Stamps
Sentiment - Just A Note (DLL003) 


Memento Tuxedo Black ink, Hammermill Digital Cover Card Stock, Perfect Plum ink - Stampin' Up, journal edges die - Elizabeth Craft Designs, corner punch, clear dots 

Copic Markers
Tulip - R81 R83 R85 R89 YG61 YG63 YG67 B99
Nose - N4 N5 N8 N10
Hedge Hog - W1 W3 W5 E6 R20 E50 E51 E53 E55
Grass - G24 G26
Butterfly - W1 W3 W5 W6 Y11 Y35 Y38 W6


Thanks for stopping by! Have a super fantastic day!


No comments: