Saturday, May 18, 2019

Greetings from Mer-cat!

Greetings High Hope friends - Lindsay here! Today, I'm sharing the most adorable cat ever - Mer-cat! She's part mermaid, part cat, and a whole lot of cuteness!


I think my favorite stamps are definitely kitty stamps - and I almost always color the kitties like my own orange tabby. I used my Prismacolor colored pencils to color her in, and for the background I created a super simple beach scene - sky, ocean, and beach. This way Mer-cat stays the center of attention!


To keep the card clean and simple, I stamped this adorable sentiment on kraft paper and wrapped some thin metallic gold thread around it. I love adding metallic thread to cards where I want a little bit of embellishment, but not too much. Then I popped the entire piece up off the card with some foam mounting squares. I think this is the perfect card to welcome in summer (which will be here before we know it!)

Thanks so much for stopping by the High Hopes blog! Be sure to check out more card inspiration in the High Hopes Facebook group - where we share ideas, tips, and tricks that encourage each other to be creative!  Have a great day my friends!


No comments: