Thursday, May 30, 2019

Thank Ewe

For my card this week I decided to do a non - traditional thank you card , meaning using a some what non- traditional sentiment. I always love to have a few thank you cards in my stash so it is easy to pop one in the mail for a friend or family member. 
"Posey's For You" is a fun stamp with it's fluffy ewe and posey's and when I found I had the Thank Ewe sentiment - it was perfect for a fun thank you ...er thank "ewe" card. This cutie just makes me smile and I hope it will make the recipient smile too! 


I coloured this cutie with alcohol markers, did some shading with Prismacolor pencils and cut it out using a pleated circle die. I thought patterned paper from Echo Park and Lawn Fawn were perfect for this stamp. 
The paper was cut to size and glued to my card stock. Next I cut a circle out of card stock to put behind my image. I didn't want the "bulk" I would have gotten if I put it on top of my patterned paper and card stock so once it was in position, I marked it with a pencil and then cut it to fit snuggly against the card stock. I cut my sentiment banner with a stitched banner die and stamped it so it was centered under my stamp. 
A banner with a heart, enamel dots and some gingham ribbon finish off my card. 

Card Recipe 
Stamp: Posey's For You - High Hopes Rubber Stamps
Sentiment: Thank Ewe! - High Hopes Rubber Stamps
Patterned Paper: Spring Fling - Echo Park, Spiffy Speckles - Lawn Fawn

Tuxedo Black Memento ink, Hammermill digital cover stock, pleated circle die - Gina Marie Designs, stitched fishtail banner die - YNS, ribbon - Stampin Up!, enamel dots - Gina Marie Designs

Spectrum Noir Markers: IG1 IG3 CT1 CT2 GB5 CG1 DG2 
Copics: C00 BG11 BG13 BG49
Prismacolor Pencils: 10%, 20%, 30% Cool Grey, white

The High Hopes and One Crazy Stamper Design teams post daily inspiration on Facebook and the blog.  Inspiration can also be found on Instagram and Pinterest! 
                                                               
Thanks for stopping by! Have a super fantastic day!

No comments: