Thursday, May 23, 2019

Hello Butterfly

I love butterflies! They are one of my favourite parts of spring and summer. 
I love to sit on my porch and watch them flutter around and land on the hanging baskets I always have hanging there. 
I have learned that there are different flower types that attract butterflies so I am going to see if I can find some baskets with some of those types of flowers for my porch this year.

I made a card to celebrate butterflies with "Left Butterfly" and "Katie's Bouquet"







I created my scene by stamping three bouquets and the butterfly and coloured them with alcohol markers. Star Dust Stickles were added to the hearts on the wings.  I added some clouds using a cloud die, ink and a dauber and cut the bottom edge with a stitched scallop die.  Some fun gingham and heart patterned paper were perfect for this scene. After cutting the heart paper to size I cut out the word hello with a die. I cut it a second time in white and inset it into the paper. Next, I found the word friend in the size I wanted, masked it off with Post It Notes and stamped it using my Misti. Matching glitter ribbon and enamel dots finish off my card. 

Card Recipe 
Stamp: Left ButterflyKatie's Bouquet - High Hopes Rubber Stamps
Sentiment: Special Tweet- High Hopes Rubber Stamps
Patterned Paper: Hugs and Kisses - YNS

Tuxedo Black Memento ink, stitched scallop border - My Creative Time Dies, stitched rectangle die - YNS, Star Dust Stickles, scripty words die - YNS, galena ribbon, Bazzill card stock, enamel dots - Gina Marie Designs

Spectrum Noir Markers: AP1 AP3 IG1 IG3 CT1 CT2 GB5 AG1 AG3 AG4
Copics: RV11 C00

The High Hopes and One Crazy Stamper Design teams post daily inspiration on Facebook and the blog.  Inspiration can also be found on Instagram and Pinterest! 
                                                               
Thanks for stopping by! Have a super fantastic day!

No comments: