Wednesday, January 27, 2021

C'mon Baby Light My Fire!

It’s Wednesday, and this week, I used Walker Walter - TLF013 (High Hopes Rubber Stamps) and Walker Winnie - TLF012 (High Hopes Rubber Stamps) for the main images and Light My Fire - F154 (High Hopes Rubber Stamps) for the sentiment. I thought I would create a Senior's Valentine's card with these fun images. This could also be used for an Anniversary card too. After all, you're never too old to be in love!!!



To make my card this week, I used Hammermill - Premium Colour 100 lb. for my base at 4.25" x 5.5". I taped down the card onto a glass mat and then used the stencils Flames - Honey Bee Stamps to create the background using various Tim Holtz Distress inks which I have listed below.

I stamped both the images and sentiment using my Misti and Memento - Tuxedo Black ink onto Copic Marker X-Press It Blending Card. I coloured in the images using Copic Markers. Then I fussy cut around both images and in between the walkers. The sentiment was also fussy cut and I cut into 2 pieces to fit my design better. I added 2-sided tape to the back of my sentiments and then attached them to a small piece of Martha Stewart Crafts - Enchanted Woodland paper. Ran this through my Xyron Create a Sticker and then fussy cut around the sentiment again. I found the white too bright when I added it to the card, so I used Copic Y11 to give it some colour.

For the main images, once coloured, I ran both of them through my Xyron Creative Station and adhered them directly to the base. I used my Cuttlebug to cut some hearts out of Martha Stewart Crafts - Enchanted Woodland paper using Sizzix Framelets - Hearts Dotted die. Then I ran them through my Xyron Create a Sticker to change them into stickers and placed them directly onto the base. For the few spots on the images that I didn't fussy cut, I used Copic markers YR23, YR16 and YR15 to fill in the white spaces.

Card Recipe:

Stamp:  Walker Walter - TLF013 (High Hopes Rubber Stamps), Walker Winnie - TLF012 (High Hopes Rubber Stamps)

Sentiment Background: Light My Fire - F154 (High Hopes Rubber Stamps)

Inks: Memento - Tuxedo Black, Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Fossilized Amber, Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Barn Door, Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Fired Brick, Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Wild Honey, Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Carved Pumpkin

Paper: Copic Marker X-Press It Blending Card, Martha Stewart Crafts - Enchanted Woodland 12" x 12", Hammermill - Premium Colour 100 lb.

Die Cuts: Sizzix Framelets by Stephanie Barnard - 562676 - Hearts Dotted

Stencil: Flames - Honey Bee Stamps

Tools: MISTI - Most Incredible Stamping Tool, Cuttlebug, 3M VHB - 2 sided tape, Xyron Creative Station, Xyron Create a Sticker

Images coloured with Copic Markers:

Skin: E21, E11, E04, E00, E000, R22, R20

Hair: C5, C3, C1, Gelly Roll Sakura #8 Pen

Shirt, Dress, Earring, Lady's Shoes, Horn: BG72, BG57, BG32, BG11, C3, C1

Pants: B26, B24, B21

Man's Shoes: E27, E25, E23, E21, C3, C1

Blouse, Flowers and Socks: RV19, RV17, RV14, RV11, RV10, G09, G07, Y17, Y08

Tennis Balls: YG05, YG03, YG01

Walkers, Horns, Wheels and Grips: C9, C7, C5, C3, C1

Hope you like it and have a fantastic week!

You can find lots of inspiration from the Design Team Divas at the High Hopes blog, and the High Hopes Rubber Stamps Facebook Fan page plus you can also follow us on
Instagram, Twitter and Pinterest.



No comments: