Sunday, January 31, 2021

Thundering Rogue

 Yo Ho Maties, today I'm sharing a Pirate card that I made using The Thundering Rogue - T053 (High Hopes Rubber Stamps) for the main image and Yo Ho - H179 (High Hopes Rubber Stamps) for the sentiment. This image is perfect for a little boy's card.



To make my CAS card today, I used AC White cardstock cut at 12" x 6" and then scored at 6" to create a base of 6" x 6". Using double-sided tape I attached the background using Scrapberry's - The Pirate's Treasure paper. I thought it went perfectly with this image.

I stamped both the image and sentiment using my Misti and Memento - Tuxedo Black ink onto Copic Marker X-Press It Blending Card. I coloured in the images using Copic Markers. Then I fussy cut around the main images and coloured in the interior with Copic markers B97, B95 and BG11 to match the colours of the background. Using My Creative Time - Ribbon End Dies and my Cuttlebug, I die cut the sentiment and then inked around the edges with Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Faded Jeans. I added some Copic Opaque White to the tops of the ocean waves to give it that frothy texture.

To complete my card, I used 3M VHB - 2 sided tape and popped up both the image and sentiment to complete the card.

Card Recipe:

Stamp:  The Thundering Rogue - T053 (High Hopes Rubber Stamps)

Sentiment Background: Yo Ho - H179 (High Hopes Rubber Stamps)

Inks: Memento - Tuxedo Black, Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Faded Jeans

Paper: Copic Marker X-Press It Blending Card, Scrapberry's - The Pirate's Treasure (6x6 Paper Collection), AC White Cardstock

Die Cuts: My Creative Time - Ribbon End Dies

Tools: MISTI - Most Incredible Stamping Tool, Cuttlebug, 3M VHB - 2 sided tape

Images coloured with Copic Markers:

Ship and Masts: E25, E23, E21, E18, E15, E13, E11, Y19, Y17, Y08

Sails: C9, C7, C5, C3, R39, R37, R35, E41, E40, Colorless Blender

Waves: BG05, B16, B12, Copic Opaque White

Sky: B97, B95, BG11

Hope you like it and have a fantastic week!

You can find lots of inspiration from the Design Team Divas at the High Hopes blog, and the High Hopes Rubber Stamps Facebook Fan page plus you can also follow us on
Instagram, Twitter and Pinterest.



No comments: