Thursday, September 2, 2021

Holy Night

  Over the next few days, the High Hopes design team will be sharing a sneak peek from the Christmas Cheer release. The stamp featured will be available the day it is posted and the full release will be available September 7th - fun right?! 

For today's sneak peek I decided to challenge myself to do a CAS (clean and simple) style card featuring 3 Wisemen. I find this style very challenging because I usually like to include a few patterned papers and maybe some die cuts on my cards. This style forces me to sit on my hands and not keep adding to the design. 




                                                                                      
       These adorable wisemen were stamped, coloured with Copic markers and hand fussy cut. Originally I had made an ink blended background but I ended up changing design direction and had already cut the background .....the wrong size for the direction I ended up going. Thankfully, I had some patterned paper from a Recollections pad that mimicked a subtle starry sky as back up. 

My next challenge was that I didn't have a star that was the look I wanted. So, what is a gal to do?! I grabbed a star dangle stencil I have in my stash and got to work. I turned my white glitter paper over, chose the star size I wanted and traced it out. Next, I found a slightly smaller star to go over top that gave me the smaller peeks, hand drew the tail and cut it out with scissors. To finish off the card I stamped the sentiment directly on to the base and glued everything down. 


Card Recipe 

Stamp: 3 Wisemen - High Hopes Rubber Stamps

Sentiment - Oh Holy Night - High Hopes Rubber Stamps

Patterned Paper - Northern Lights - Recollections 


Tuxedo Black Memento ink, Hammermill 100lb digital cover stock, star dangle stencil - Whimsy Stamps, white glitter paper


 Copic Markers:

Skin  - E00 E21 E11 

Hair - E53 E55 E57 E47 E49 C9

Clothing - G17 G29 B39  R39 R59 V09  E30 E31 E43  B34 B37 B39  B00 B01 B02 B04

Crowns -Y11 Y15 YR23 Y26

Gifts, Shoes - C1 C2 C4 C5

Jewels - C2


Thanks for stopping by! Have a super fantastic day!












No comments: