Thursday, September 30, 2021

Warm Wishes Snowman

 I used to love making snowmen when I was a kid. I haven't done it for years, until last year when my old neighbour came by with her little ones to wait for the drive by Santa Claus parade to come to my street. The snow was perfect for snowman building - really wet ... but heavy! We had so much fun building a snowman and added twigs for it's arms and stones for his buttons. It felt great to be a kid again! 

I think I get my love of snowmen from my Mom who has a collection of them that comes out every year. I have a collection too..........but it is in stamps <smile> and thankfully High Hopes Rubber Stamps has a ton to choose from and add to my wish list. I'm not sure I will be able to get them all but a gal can dream right?!? "Glowing Spirit Snowy" was one on my wish list and I am sharing a Christmas card I made with him. 





                                                                           
  After stamping my image on alcohol marker friendly paper I coloured it with Copic markers and cut it out using a circle die. I set him aside and played around with some patterned paper pieces from the Farmhouse Christmas collection by Carta Bella. Once I figured out my paper combo, I cut the pieces to fit the design I had in my head. I inked all of the white paper edges with antique linen distress ink to help them stand out a little more. 
After stamping the sentiment I wanted to use I added it to some matching card stock. I die cut some branches from the Tim Holz's Festive Greens die set, added a cotton lace bow and finished the card off with some enamel dots. 

Card Recipe 

Stamp: Glowing Spirit Snowy  - High Hopes Rubber Stamps

Sentiment - Dot Warm Winter Wishes - High Hopes Rubber Stamps

Patterned Paper - Farmhouse Christmas - Carta Bella 


Tuxedo Black Memento ink, Hammermill 100lb digital cover stock, cotton lace ribbon, circle die, Fiskars circle cutter, antique linen distress ink, Festive Greens die - Tim Holz


 Copic Markers:

Clothing - BG93 BG96 BG99

Nose - Y21 Y35 Y38

Flame -Y11 Y15 Y17

Mitts/Hat -R24 R27 R39 R59

Hat Trim/Buttons/Candle Holder - W0 W1 W2

Grass - YG61 YG63

Tee/Socks - B91 B93 B95

Snow B00



Thanks for stopping by! Have a super fantastic day!












No comments: