Wednesday, September 22, 2021

Santa's Coming!!!

 It’s Wednesday, and this week, I made a card using Motorin' By Santa - T094 by High Hopes Rubber Stamps for the main image and Coming To Town - G271 (High Hopes Rubber Stamps) for the sentiment. Santa's motoring through town to bring everyone some Christmas Cheer!

To make my card this week, I began with a card base of Hammermill - Premium Colour 100 lb. cardstock, cut and scored to be 5.5" x 4.25". I cut the background paper from Stampin' Up - Snowflake Splendor Designer Series Paper to be the same size as the base and inked around the edges using Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Salty Ocean. I applied this directly to the base card using double-sided tape. AC - Black cardstock was cut to 5.5" x .75" and adhered to the bottom using double-sided tape. I die cut the village using my Cutttlebug, Hammermill - Premium Colour 100 lb. cardstock and Village Edges dies from Elizabeth Craft Designs. I coloured in the homes and put some yellow cardstock behind for the windows. Then I took the little doors, coloured them in and inset them back into the die cuts. Once this was done, I added Gina K Designs - Glitz Glitter Gel - Iridescent to the hills and Stickles - Diamond to the roof tops.

With my MISTI and Memento - Tuxedo Black ink, I stamped both the image and the sentiment onto Copic Marker X-Press It Blending Card. I coloured in the image with Copic markers and then I fussy cut around it. I added Stickles - Xmas Red to the Holly on the motorbike and Stickles - Diamond to the pop pom on Santa's hat. Using my Cuttlebug, I die cut the sentiment using Whimsy Stamps - Quick Strips Die Set. I ran this through my Xyron Create a Sticker and placed it on some red cardstock. Then using my cutter, I cut around it leaving a slim border.

Once everything was dry, it was time to assemble the remainder of the card. I applied the houses directly to the base over top of the road. The Santa image and sentiment were both popped up onto the background using 3M double-sided tape.

Card Recipe:

Stamp: Motorin' By Santa - T094 (High Hopes Rubber Stamps)

Sentiment: Coming To Town - G271 (High Hopes Rubber Stamps)

Inks: Memento - Tuxedo Black, Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Salty Ocean

Paper: Copic Marker X-Press It Blending Card, Hammermill - Premium Colour 100 lb., AC - Black, Stampin' Up - Snowflake Splendor Designer Series Paper (12" x 12")

Die Cuts: Elizabeth Craft Designs - 1691 - Village Edges, Whimsy Stamps - Quick Strips Die Set - WSD330

Stickles: Xmas Red and Diamond

Tools: MISTI - Most Incredible Stamping Tool, 3M - 2 sided tape, Gina K Designs - Glitz Glitter Gel - Iridescent, Xyron Create a Sticker

Image coloured with Copic Markers:

Eyes: Sakura Glaze - Black Pen, Gelly Roll Sakura #5 Pen

Skin: E21, E11, E00, E000, R30, R20

Santa Hat, Clothing: R59, R37, R35

Mitts, Seat, Boots and Wheels: C8, C6, C4

Santa's Beard, Trim and Smoke: C2, C1, C0

Motorcycle, Decorations, Wheel Hubs and Fenders: R59, R37, R35, G14, YG23, YG11, C8, C6, C5, C4, C3, C2, C1, Y08

Houses: C5, C4, C3, C1, C0, E55, E53, E51, E50, E44, E43, E41, E15, E13, BV25, BV13, BV11, BV02, B26, B24, B23

Hope you like it and have a fantastic week!

You can find lots of inspiration from the Design Team Divas at the High Hopes blog, and the High Hopes Rubber Stamps Facebook Fan page plus you can also follow us on
Instagram, Twitter and Pinterest.



No comments: