Wednesday, September 29, 2021

Santa's New Ride!!!

It’s Wednesday, and this week, I made a Christmas card using Flyin' High Santa - T093 by High Hopes Rubber Stamps for the main image and Here Comes Santa Claus - G272 (High Hopes Rubber Stamps) for the sentiment. Santa's giving his reindeer a rest this year as he checks out his new ride. LOL!

To make my card this week, I began with a card base of Hammermill - Premium Colour 100 lb. cardstock, cut and scored to be 5.5" x 4.25". I cut the background paper from Creative Memories - Glacier Paper Pack to be the same size and applied this directly to the base card using double-sided tape. I took a small scrap of Recollections - Black cardstock and ran it through my Xyron Create a Sticker so that it would become a sticker. With my Cuttlebug and Joy Crafts - Lin & Len Design 1201/0027, I die cut the silhouette out of the black paper and then peeled off the backing and placed it directly to the bottom of the card. Stampendous - Snowflakes - Chunky White was sprinkled over top of the card and melted from the bottom of the card using my Marvy Uchida - Embossing Heat Tool.

With my MISTI and Memento - Tuxedo Black ink, I stamped both the image and the sentiment onto Copic Marker X-Press It Blending Card. I cut the sentiment in half using my cutter and ran it through the Xyron Create a Sticker. I placed the sticker on top of some Recollections - Black cardstock and cut it again using my small cutting tool. I coloured in the image with Copic markers and then I fussy cut around it. With a Gelly Roll Sakura #8 Pen, I coloured in the candy cane swirls on the airplane and small circles. Once it was dry, I used Gelly Roll Stardust - Clear to go over the big yellow gumdrop, the swirls on the propeller, the candy cane swirls, small circles on the plane and the star on the tree to add some glitter. For Santa's cuffs, coat trim and hat, I used Ranger - Emboss It Pen Clear and sprinkled on some WOW! Sparkling Snow Embossing Glitter. I heated this with my Marvy Uchida - Embossing Heat Tool and then repeated the process to give it more texture. For Santa's pop pom, I applied a little bit of Cosmic Shimmer Fluffy Stuff and then heat embossed it with my Marvy Uchida - Embossing Heat Tool.

The Santa image and sentiment were both popped up onto the background using 3M double-sided tape to complete the card.

Card Recipe:

Stamp: Flyin' High Santa - T093 (High Hopes Rubber Stamps)

Sentiment: Here Comes Santa Claus - G272 (High Hopes Rubber Stamps)

Inks: Memento - Tuxedo Black

Paper: Copic Marker X-Press It Blending Card, Hammermill - Premium Colour 100 lb., Creative Memories - Glacier Paper Pack (12" x 12"), Recollections - Black cardstock

Die Cut: Joy Crafts - Lin & Len Design 1201/0027

Embossing Powder: WOW! Sparkling Snow Embossing Glitter, Stampendous - Snowflakes - Chunky White

Tools: MISTI - Most Incredible Stamping Tool, 3M - 2 sided tape, Gelly Roll Stardust - Clear, Xyron Create a Sticker, Cosmic Shimmer Fluffy Stuff, Cuttlebug, Marvy Uchida - Embossing Heat Tool, Gelly Roll Sakura #8 Pen, Sakura Glaze - Black Pen, Gelly Roll Sakura #5 Pen, Ranger - Emboss It Pen Clear

Image coloured with Copic Markers:

Eyes: Sakura Glaze - Black Pen, Gelly Roll Sakura #5 Pen

Skin: E21, E11, E00, E000, R30, R20

Beard: C1, C0, C00, Colorless Blender

Santa Hat, Clothing, Mitts: R59, R37, R35, YG67, YG63, YG61, WOW! Sparkling Snow Embossing Glitter, Cosmic Shimmer Fluffy Stuff

Airplane: R29, R27, R22, R17, G14, YG23, YG01, BG0000, C5, C3, C2, C1, C0, C00, Colorless Blender, Gelly Roll Stardust - Clear

Star and Present Bow: Y17, Y13, Y04, BG07, BG05, BG02, BG01, Gelly Roll Stardust - Clear

Christmas Tree, Propeller and Leaves: G14, YG23, YG01, Y17, Y13, Y04, Gelly Roll Stardust - Clear

Hope you like it and have a fantastic week!

You can find lots of inspiration from the Design Team Divas at the High Hopes blog, and the High Hopes Rubber Stamps Facebook Fan page plus you can also follow us on
Instagram, Twitter and Pinterest



No comments: