Wednesday, January 26, 2022

You Got This!!

It’s Wednesday, and this week, I made a card using High Hopes Rubber Stamps Lasso Some Snow - TDG021  for the main image and Don't Worry - FDG021 for the sentiment. We all need a little bit of encouragement every now and then and this little snowman is here to give us some.

To make my card this week, I began with a card base of Hammermill - Premium Colour 100 lb. cardstock, cut and scored to be 5.5" x 4.25".  I used Echo Park Paper Co. - My Favorite Winter cardstock cut to the same size as the base card for the background. I attached this to the base using double-sided tape. Using my Cuttlebug, a mixture of square dies from My Creative Time -Stitched Squares Inside and Out and Waffle Flower - Nesting Square dies, I die cut cardstock from Scrapbook.com Neutrals Smooth Cardstock and also Copic Marker X-Press It Blending Card. I applied double-sided tape to the back of the tan square and applied it directly to the background. U-Line double-sided tape was added to the back of the dark brown square and popped up onto the centre of the tan square.

With my MISTI and Memento - Tuxedo Black ink, I stamped the image onto the Copic Marker X-Press It Blending Card cardstock square and coloured it in with Copic markers. Gelly Roll Sakura #10 Pen was used to create the snow in the sky. Sakura Glaze - Black and Gelly Roll Sakura #5 Pen were used on the eyes of the snowman. I applied U-line douhble-sided tape to the back of the completed image and popped it up onto the centre of the dark brown square.

With my MISTI and Memento - Tuxedo Black ink, I stamped the sentiment onto Recollections - White cardstock and then die cut it out using my Cuttlebug and My Creative Time - Ribbon End Dies. I inked around the edges using Copic - E59 marker to give it a dark brown border. I used my knife to remove the double border from the piece left behind and then traced the shape of the ribbon onto the remaining piece of Scrapbook.com Neutrals Smooth Cardstock. I cut this out with my cutter and scissors. U-Line double-sided tape was applied to both pieces and the completed sentiment was popped up onto the card below the main image to complete the card.

Card Recipe:

Stamp: Lasso Some Snow - TDG021 (High Hopes Rubber Stamps)

Sentiment: Don't Worry - FDG021 (High Hopes Rubber Stamps)

Inks: Memento - Tuxedo Black

Paper: Copic Marker X-Press It Blending Card, Hammermill - Premium Colour 100 lb., Echo Park Paper Co. - My Favorite Winter (6" x 6"), Scrapbook.com - Neutrals Smooth Cardstock (5.5" x 4.25"), Recollections - White cardstock

Die Cuts: My Creative Time -Stitched Squares Inside and Out, Waffle Flower - Nesting Square dies, My Creative Time - Ribbon End Dies

Tools: MISTI - Most Incredible Stamping Tool, U-Line double-sided tape, Gelly Roll Sakura #10 Pen, Gelly Roll Sakura #5 Pen, Sakura Glaze - Black, Cuttlebug

Image coloured with Copic Markers:

Snowman: B60, C9, C7, C5, C00, E49, YR18, YR16, YR12, Colorless Blender (Eyes - Sakura Glaze - Black, Gelly Roll Sakura #5 Pen)

Hats, Mitts and Scarf: B99, B977, B95

Coat: E51, E50, E37, E35, E34, E33, E31

Birds: E59, E37, E35

Fence: E29, E27, E25, E23, E21

Wheel and Rope: E77, E74, E47, E44, E43, Y35, YR31

Sky: B04, B02, B01, B00

Snow: B000, B60, C00, Colorless Blender, Stickles - Diamond

Hope you like it and have a fantastic week!

You can find lots of inspiration from the Design Team Divas at the High Hopes blog, and the High Hopes Rubber Stamps Facebook Fan page plus you can also follow us on
Instagram, Twitter and Pinterest.



No comments: