Tuesday, January 11, 2022

Good Times!!

It’s Wednesday, and this week, I made a card using High Hopes Rubber Stamps Bird Song - TDG016  for the main image and Good Times - FDG014 for the sentiment. These little birdie friends know how to whistle a tune. Unfortunately, I myself never mastered how to whistle! I've tried over the years, but just can't seem to do it. LOL!

To make my card this week, I began with a card base of Hammermill - Premium Colour 100 lb. cardstock, cut and scored to be 5.5" x 4.25".  I used Scrapbook.com - Brights Smooth Cardstock for the background paper. This paper is great because it's already cut to size which makes it so easy. I applied it to the base using double-sided tape. Using my Cuttlebug and Your Next Die - Stitched Frame Snowfall Hill die set, I die cut the centre piece from Copic Marker X-Press It Blending Card and the frame from Crafter's Companion - Luxury Cardstock - Gold.

With my MISTI and Memento - Tuxedo Black ink, I stamped the image onto the Copic Marker X-Press It Blending Card cardstock and the sentiment onto Recollections - White cardstock. I coloured in the image with Copic markers and then added some Stickles - Diamond and Stickles - Waterfall to the parts of the snow to make it sparkly. Gelly Roll Sakura #10 Pen was used to create the snow in the sky. To make the eyes stand out a little more, I used Sakura Glaze - Black and then added a white dot using Gelly Roll Sakura #5 Pen. Once the stickles were dry, I turned the coloured image and frame over and taped them together on the back with some Scotch tape to keep the 2 pieces together. U-line double-sided tape was then applied and I turned it over again and popped it up onto the card. The sentiment was die cut using my Cuttlebug and Essentials by Tattered Lace Dies - Easel Slider. I inked around the edges with Sharpie - Gold Medium Point - Water Based Paint pen, added U-Line double-sided tape to the top half of the sentiment and added it on top of the image. Lastly I added some YNS Gumdrops - White Sugar and Sparkle to complete the card.

Card Recipe:

Stamp: Bird Song - TDG016 (High Hopes Rubber Stamps)

Sentiment: Good Times - FDG014 (High Hopes Rubber Stamps)

Inks: Memento - Tuxedo Black

Paper: Copic Marker X-Press It Blending Card, Hammermill - Premium Colour 100 lb., Scrapbook.com - Brights Smooth Cardstock (4.25" x 5.5"), Recollections - White, Crafter's Companion - Luxury Cardstock - Gold

Die Cuts: Your Next Die - Stitched Frame Snowfall Hill, Essentials by Tattered Lace Dies - Easel Slider

Tools: MISTI - Most Incredible Stamping Tool, U-Line double-sided tape, Gelly Roll Sakura #10 Pen, Gelly Roll Sakura #5 Pen, Sakura Glaze - Black, Stickles - Diamond, Stickles - Waterfall, Cuttlebug, YNS Gumdrops - White Sugar and Sparkle

Image coloured with Copic Markers:

Bird1 and Scarf: R59, R39, R37, R35, R29, R27, BG09, BG09, BG05, BG02, BG01, BG000 (Eyes - Sakura Glaze - Black, Gelly Roll Sakura #5 Pen)

Bird2 and Scarf: Y17, Y15, Y13, Y11, Y02, Y00, BG72, BG57, BG49, BG32, BG11, Gelly Roll Sakura #5 Pen

Bird3 and Scarf: R56, R46, R37, R24, R22, C9, C7, C5, G16, G14, YG23, YG03

Beaks and Claws: YR18, YR14, YR12, Y19, Y08

Pine Needles: G29

Sky: B05, B04, B02, B01, Gelly Roll Sakura #10 Pen

Snow: C1, Stickles - Diamond, Stickles - Waterfall

Hope you like it and have a fantastic week!

You can find lots of inspiration from the Design Team Divas at the High Hopes blog, and the High Hopes Rubber Stamps Facebook Fan page plus you can also follow us on
Instagram, Twitter and Pinterest.



No comments: