Tuesday, January 18, 2022

Beautiful Day!!

It’s Wednesday, and this week, I made a card using High Hopes Rubber Stamps Winter Kitty - SDG006  for the main image and Beautiful Day - FDG013 for the sentiment. We just had a major snowfall over the last few days and this little kitty is all bundled up and ready to play!

Growing up we had a lot of snow during the winter and couldn't wait to put on our mitts and snow boots and go out to play. We had huge snow banks in the schoolyard across the street and would toboggan down them or just slide down in our snow suits! LOL! It was sooooo much fun! Sometimes we even made big snow forts in the backyard with tables and chairs made out of ice and snow. We hardly spent anytime indoors and didn't usually go back into the house until we had to or we were turning blue because it was so cold out, but even then we still wanted to continue playing outdoors. LOL!

To make my card this week, I began with a card base of Hammermill - Premium Colour 100 lb. cardstock, cut and scored to be 5.5" x 4.25".  I used Scrapbook.com - Rainbow Smooth Cardstock for the main background paper. It was already the same size as the base, so no cutting had to be done. To get more use out of the same paper, I had cut the oval frame using my Cuttlebug and Hero Arts - Infinity Die Ovals first. Then, I placed the Rainbow cardstock onto the card base using double-sized tape. I die cut the square background using My Creative Time -Stitched Squares Inside and Out and Pebbles - Winter Wonderland paper and the rectangle to the size of 4" x 4". The rectangle was cut from from the same paper pack to the size of 1.25" x 4". I inked around the edges of both shapes with a sponge dauber and Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Evergreen Bough. Using double-sided tape, I placed both shapes over the pink background and hid where I cut the oval with the square. I cut out a smaller oval using the same Hero Arts - Infinity Die Ovals and Copic Marker X-Press It Blending Card. I also cut out a 1.5" circle using a circle punch. Lastly, I die cut the scalloped circle using WeR Memory Keepers - Quickutz Nesting Scallops dies and Hot Buy Craft Smart - Holiday Glitz Glitter Paper.

With my MISTI and Memento - Tuxedo Black ink, I stamped the image onto the Copic Marker X-Press It Blending Card cardstock oval and the sentiment onto the circle. I coloured in the image with Copic markers and then added some Ranger - Emboss It Pen Clear to the bottom of the oval and applied WOW! Sparkling Snow Embossing Glitter. I heat embossed this and added more embossing powder several times to create a thicker layer with my Marvy Uchida - Embossing Heat Tool. Then I added some Cosmic Shimmer Fluffy Stuff and heat embossed it as well to puff it up. Gelly Roll Sakura #10 Pen was used to create the snow in the sky. Sakura Glaze - Black and Gelly Roll Sakura #5 Pen were used on the eyes and nose of the cat.

I inked around the edges of the large pink oval and the circle with Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Picked Raspberry. I applied the coloured image directly to the pink oval and the sentiment circle to the scalloped circle using some liquid glue. Both shapes were then popped up onto the card using U-Line double-sided tape. To completed the card and add in some extra sparkle, I applied some YNS Gumdrops - Winter Wonderland to the background patterned paper.

Card Recipe:

Stamp: Winter Kitty - SDG006 (High Hopes Rubber Stamps)

Sentiment: Beautiful Day - FDG013 (High Hopes Rubber Stamps)

Inks: Memento - Tuxedo Black, Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Evergreen Bough, Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Picked Raspberry, Ranger - Emboss It Pen Clear

Paper: Copic Marker X-Press It Blending Card, Hammermill - Premium Colour 100 lb., Scrapbook.com - Rainbow Smooth Cardstock (4.25" x 5.5"), Pebbles Winter Wonderland 6" x 6", Hot Buy Craft Smart - Holiday Glitz Glitter Paper 12" x 12"

Die Cuts: My Creative Time -Stitched Squares Inside and Out, Hero Arts - Infinity Die Ovals, WeR Memory Keepers - Quickutz Nesting Scallops, 1.5" Circle Punch

Tools: MISTI - Most Incredible Stamping Tool, U-Line double-sided tape, Gelly Roll Sakura #10 Pen, Gelly Roll Sakura #5 Pen, Sakura Glaze - Black, Cuttlebug, YNS Gumdrops - Winter Wonderland

Image coloured with Copic Markers:

Kitty: N7, N5, N3, R02, R00, RV66, RV63, RV55 (Eyes - Sakura Glaze - Black, Gelly Roll Sakura #5 Pen)

Sky: B05, B04, B02, Gelly Roll Sakura #10 Pen

Snow: WOW! Sparkling Snow Embossing Glitter, Cosmic Shimmer Fluffy Stuff, Marvy Uchida - Embossing Heat Tool

Hope you like it and have a fantastic week!

You can find lots of inspiration from the Design Team Divas at the High Hopes blog, and the High Hopes Rubber Stamps Facebook Fan page plus you can also follow us on
Instagram, Twitter and Pinterest.



No comments: