Thursday, January 20, 2022

You Make Me Smile

 I am an animal lover through and through but I am slightly partial to horses and dogs. At the moment I have a little Shipoo who is the love of my life. He has his moments where he thinks he's a Rottweiller but for the most part he is the best cuddle bug ever and a mom's boy. He is never too impressed with me when I put a sweater on him to go out in the freezing cold that is our winter sometimes but he gets over it pretty quick if I let him run the race track his dad blows for him in the back yard. It's a perfect place to get rid of the zoomies! 

"Winter Pup" from the Winter Friends release just makes me smile and reminds me of my dog when he is dressed to go out. I love his hat and scarf and he is just too cute! I wonder how my dog would like a cute hat and scarf.....



I stamped this cutie on alcohol marker friendly paper, coloured him with alcohol makers and hand fussy cut him. Next, I found some snowy paper in the Winter paper pad from Echo Park and cut it and card stock to fit my 5" x 5" card base. 
I cut a second piece of card stock at 4.5" x 4.5" and used an inside out stitched circle to cut a hole. I added a stitched hill die behind the circle, added a picket fence and a stitched snow bank for this pup to sit on. The sentiment is stamped directly on to the card stock.
To create the stcitched snow bank I cut a stitched border and then carefully moved the die down the paper (keeping it in line with the first cut since it is wavy) to the thickness that I wanted, taped it down and ran it through my Big Kick again. This created the little drift he is sitting on. Some snowflakes punched out of the paper I trimmed off and some enamel dots finish off my card. 

Card Recipe 

Stamp: Winter Pup (SDG005) - High Hopes Rubber Stamps

Sentiment - You Make Me Smile (FDG015)- High Hopes Rubber Stamps

Patterned Paper: Winter - Echo Park 


Tuxedo Black Memento ink, Hammermill 100lb digital cover stock, inside out circle die - Gina Marie Designs, stitched border - Whimsy Stamps, fence die - Your Next Stamp, snow flakes - Marvy punch, enamel dots


 Copic Markers:

Nose- T4 T6 T8

Body - C1 C2 C4 C5

Scarf/Hat - B91 B93 B95 C0 C1 C2

Clothing - E41 E42 E43 BG72 BG75 N5

Star - B91 B93 B95




Thanks for stopping by! Have a super fantastic day!




No comments: