Wednesday, September 30, 2020

Gnome - Merry Christmas!

 It’s Wednesday, and this week I'm featuring a Christmas card I made using the image Flying Gnome - TLF008 and sentiment Sm Christmas Script - F051 from (High Hopes Rubber Stamps).  I just love colouring these adorable little gnomes. Also, it's always good to make Christmas cards a little at a time throughout the year so that you are not rushing to get them all done in December. LOL! Have you started making your Christmas cards yet this year?


To create the card this week, I first used the die cut from Creative Expressions by Sue Wilson - Festive Collection - Pointsettia Mini Background - CED3049 to cut some Copic Marker X-Press It Blending Card using my Cuttlebug. I stamped the main image and then coloured it with Copic Markers. I started off doing the sky first as I didn't want any of the Reds smearing into it. (This happens sometimes if you are not careful.) Once the image was all coloured in, I used Sakura Glaze - Black and Gelly Roll Sakura #8 Pen to increase the intensity of the eye on the bird. I outlined the entire image with Pigma Micron 03 black marker to make it stand out more against the sky. Lastly, I used a mixture of Gelly Roll Sakura #8 Pen and Gelly Roll Sakura #10 Pen to create the snow and stars in the sky.

For the base of the card, I began with a standard white card base of 4.25" x 5.5". I cut another piece of white cardstock the same size and applied the red shimmer topping on it using Crafts - Sparkling Stickers - 02-3068629. I used the same die cut listed above to cut out the intricate design using my Cuttlebug and the gold paper from Hot Buy Craft Smart - Holiday Glitz Glitter Paper. I had put the gold paper through my Xyron Creative Station before I die cut it. This made it easier to just peel and stick onto the base.

For the sentiment, I die cut some spare red cardstock using Craftin Desert Diva's - Flag Banner Dies. Using my MISTI and VersaMark ink, I stamped the sentiment onto the die cut and embossed it using Ranger Super Fine Gold Embossing powder. This was heated with my Marvy Uchida - Embossing Heat Tool. The image and the sentiment were both popped up with 3M VHB - 2 sided tape to complete the card.

Card Recipe:

Stamp: Flying Gnome - TLF008 (High Hopes Rubber Stamps)

Sentiment: Sm Christmas Script - F051 (High Hopes Rubber Stamps)

Inks: Memento - Tuxedo Black, VersaMark

Paper: Copic Marker X-Press It Blending Card, Hot Buy Craft Smart - Holiday Glitz Glitter Paper 12" x 12", Crafts - Sparkling Stickers - 02-3068629

Die Cut: Creative Expressions by Sue Wilson - Festive Collection - Pointsettia Mini Background - CED3049, Craftin Desert Diva's - Flag Banner Dies (Retired)

Embossing Powder: Ranger Super Fine Gold

Tools and Miscellaneous: MISTI - Most Incredible Stamping Tool, Cuttlebug, Pigma Micron 03 black marker, Xyron Creative Station, Marvy Uchida - Embossing Heat Tool

Image coloured with Copic Markers:

Skin: E21, E11, E04, E00, E000

Beard: W5, W4, W3, W2, W1, W0, W00

Hat and Outfit: R59, R39, R37, R35, YG97, YG95, YG93, G43

Cardinal Bird: R37, R35, R24, R22, R17, R14, R08, R05, R02, R000, YR15, YR12, C3, N10, N8, Gelly Roll Sakura #8 Pen, Sakura Glaze - Black

Leaves and Holly: R59, R37, R24, YG97, YG95, YG93, YG05, G43

Shoe: E34, E33, E31

Sky: B99, B97, B95, B93, Gelly Roll Sakura #8 Pen, Gelly Roll Sakura #10 Pen

Hope you like it and have a fantastic week!

You can find lots of inspiration from the Design Team Divas at the High Hopes blog, and the High Hopes Rubber Stamps Facebook Fan page plus you can also follow us on
Instagram, Twitter and Pinterest.





No comments: