Thursday, September 24, 2020

Spider Silliness

  I am an animal lover through and through but I have some animals and critters that aren't necessarily at the top of my favourite list.

Spiders are one of the critters that fit in this category but if they were all as cute as this Silly Spider from High Hopes Rubber Stamps I would be convinced to change my mind. He just makes me giggle!



This is a small stamp (1.5" x 1.5") and I wanted to use it for a different design then I normally do. With the help of my trusty Misti, I did a repetitive stamped pattern, coloured all of them with alcohol markers and added some clear sparkle pen to the moon and stars and some freckles to their cheeks with a white gel pen.
I hand fussy cut one leaving a thin white edge (that I added the purple chalk pencil too as well) and popped him up with foam pop dots.

After my spiders were coloured the white background was just to stark for my liking so I wracked my brain to try and find a way to tone it down. I pulled out my chalk pencils and started playing on a scrap piece of paper. 
I found that the subtle colour I wanted was easy to add by colouring heavily on the scrap paper and smudging it with a piece of paper towel. The paper towel picked up the colour and I was able to use it to add some colour to my background. 
I stamped my sentiment with Versa Mark ink on black card stock, added some white embossing powder and heated it with my heat gun to finish off my CAS card.

Card Recipe 

Stamp: Silly Spider - High Hopes Rubber Stamps

Sentiment: Boo-tiful Day - High Hopes Rubber Stamps



Tuxedo Black Memento ink, Hammermill 100lb digital cover stock, clear Spectrum Sparkle pen, white gel pen, purple chalk pencil - General's, 3D foam pop dots, white embossing powder


 Copic and Spectrum Noir Markers:

Hat - W3 W5 BG7 BG10

Stars, Moon - YR21 YR35 YR38

Hat Band, Wand - V12 V15 V17

Body - W2 W4 W7 R20

                                                               

Thanks for stopping by! Have a super fantastic day!


No comments: