Wednesday, April 14, 2021

Soccer Fun!!

 It’s Wednesday, and this week, I made a masculine card using Soccer Gabriel - SS525 by High Hopes Rubber Stamps for the main image and Awesome & Wonderful - FR001 (High Hopes Rubber Stamps) for the sentiment. Soccer has become a really big sport in North America over the last while. In Europe, they call it "Football"! We have 6 soccer fields at the end of our street in the park and before Covid, the fields were packed with both young and old from morning till night with teams competing. It looks like Gabriel is saving the day for his team today! LOL!


To make my card this week, I used Hammermill - Premium Colour 100 lb. paper folded to 4.25" x 5.5" for the base. I cut Copic Marker X-Press It Blending Card to 4-1/8" x 5-3/8" and stamped the image and sentiment using my MISTI and Memento - Tuxedo Black ink. I coloured in the image with Copic markers and created my own background.

To create the background it was fairly easy. After stamping the main image, I drew in the net using a lead pencil and ruler for the main frame and the goal line. Once I was satisfied with the look, I erased the harsh lines so that they were barely visible. I used a combination of green Copic markers and just made small circles everywhere to give the lawn some texture. I also used the chisel edge nib to cover more of the background easier. For the trees, again I used another combination of greens. I based the entire tree line with YG91 and then just drew a bunch of squiggly lines to create round and triangular shapes using the various markers listed below to give the effect of a forest. Lastly, I took a Gelly Roll Sakura #5 Pen and using a ruler made vertical and horizontal lines to create the netting.

To assemble the card, I applied some Tombow Multi Mono Liquid glue to the back of the coloured image and applied it to the base. I stamped out the sentiment and inked around the edges first with Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Mowed Lawn and then a black marker to make the outer lines crisp.

Card Recipe:

Stamp: Soccer Gabriel - SS525 (High Hopes Rubber Stamps)

Sentiment: Awesome & Wonderful - FR001 (High Hopes Rubber Stamps)

Inks: Memento - Tuxedo Black, Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Mowed Lawn

Paper: Copic Marker X-Press It Blending Card, Hammermill - Premium Colour 100 lb.

Tools: MISTI - Most Incredible Stamping Tool, Tombow - Multi Mono Liquid Glue

Image coloured with Copic Markers:

Skin: E21, E11, E04, E00, E000, R24, R20, Eyes (Sakura Glaze - Black, Gelly Roll Sakura #5 Pen)

Hair: E47, E44, E43, E40

Shirt, Socks and Shoes: B18, B16, B14, B12, B04, B02, C3, C1, C0, C00, Colorless Blender

Shorts: C9, C8, C5, B04, B02

Soccer Ball: C9, C1, C0, C00

Goal Post and Goal Line: C1, C00, Colorless Blender

Grass: YG17, YG13, YG11, YG03

Trees: G99, G94, G85, YG97, YG91, YG63

Check out some other fun new stamps from the vault for Boys and Men here:
THE VAULT IS OPEN! MEN & BOYS RELEASE Archives - High Hopes Rubber Stamps (highhopesstamps.com)

Hope you like it and have a fantastic week!

You can find lots of inspiration from the Design Team Divas at the High Hopes blog, and the High Hopes Rubber Stamps Facebook Fan page plus you can also follow us on
Instagram, Twitter and Pinterest.



No comments: