Thursday, March 10, 2022

A Little Behind

 I am notorious for being behind in sending and giving Birthday cards. It has always been a weakness of mine, however this year I am going to try to get better at it, and I may just have a back up plan. 

When the "Turtle Peak" stamp and the new sentiments came across my desk from the new "This & That" release at High Hopes Rubber Stamps my creative brain went in to overdrive! 

This stamp paired with two new sentiments from this release are perfect to make belated cards with .......since I know I will probably be late giving them <smile>. Not only does this stamp make me smile but it is also perfect to go with a few other sentiments I have in my stash. I love when a stamp is versatile and can be used for many different occasions.



Inside of Card


I stamped this cutie on alcohol marker friendly paper and coloured it with my Copic markers. Next I hand fussy cut him and ran a black marker around the edge to get any white I had missed. I sent him aside, grabbed the Gather At Home patterned paper pad from Carta Bella, chose my papers and cut them to fit my design and card base. I cut an extra circle out of white card stock to put behind him to help him stand out and added the stamp using foam pop dots. 

I added a few flowers, enamel dots and a sentiment to finish off the front of the card.  I usually leave the inside of my cards blank, but the belated Birthday stamp was perfect for the inside. I stamped it, cut it out and glued it down to some matching patterned paper and card stock. 

Card Recipe 

Stamp: Turtle Peak (SLF033) - High Hopes Rubber Stamps

Sentiment - Sorry I'm (FLL031), Happy Belated Birthday (FDG025) - High Hopes Rubber Stamps

Patterned Paper: Gather At Home - Carta Bella 


Tuxedo Black Memento ink, Hammermill 100lb digital cover stock, circle die, fish tail banner die - Your Next Stamp, flowers - Poppie & Paperie, foam pop dots, enamel dots


 Copic Markers:

Body - YG61 YG63 YG67

Shell - E55 E57 E29

Bodies - E15 E17 E19 E18 W1 W2 W3



Thanks for stopping by! Have a super fantastic day!



No comments: