Wednesday, March 2, 2022

Just Hoppin By!!

 It’s Wednesday, and this week, I made a card using High Hopes Rubber Stamps Mr. Frog - SLF037  for the image and Just Hoppin' - FLL030  for the sentiment. There are so many wonderful new stamps for our New Spring Release called "This and That" at High Hopes Rubber Stamps and Mr. Frog couldn't wait to welcome all of you to go and see!

To make my card this week, I began with a card base of Hammermill - Premium Colour 100 lb. cardstock, cut and scored to be 5.5" x 4.25". I cut Forever In Time - Glam Glitter Cardstock - Ombre Brights to be the same size as the base and adhered it with double-sided tape. Using my Cuttlebug, multiple scraps of cardstock, Recollections - Black cardstock and Forever In Time - Glam Glitter Cardstock - Ombre Brights, I cut out all of the pieces for the background using Lawn Fawn - Bayou Backdrop die set. I glued all of the little leaves onto the vines and then using 3 layers around all of the outside edges with U-Line double-sided tape, I popped up the background onto the base. I popped up the pond to the background as well after applying U-Line double-sided tape. I used some spare Copic Marker X-Press It Blending Card and created a boulder for the frog to sit on which I put into the middle of the pond. This was also popped up. I stamped the image and sentiment onto Copic Marker X-Press It Blending Card using my MISTI and Memento - Tuxedo Black. The image was coloured in with Copic Markers and then I fussy cut around it and the sentiment. Using a black marker, I inked around all of the edges of the frog. I ran the sentiment through my Xyron Create a Sticker and placed it onto some scrap Recollections - Black cardstock. Once again, I fussy cut around it. I applied multiple layers of U-Line double-sided tape to the back of the image and sentiment and applied them both to the card to finish it off.

Card Recipe:

Stamps: Mr. Frog - SLF037 (High Hopes Rubber Stamps)

Sentiment: Just Hoppin' - FLL030 (High Hopes Rubber Stamps)

Inks: Memento - Tuxedo Black

Paper: Copic Marker X-Press It Blending Card, Hammermill - Premium Colour 100 lb., Forever In Time - Glam Glitter Cardstock - Ombre Brights, Recollections - Black cardstock

Die Cuts: Lawn Fawn - Bayou Backdrop

Tools: MISTI - Most Incredible Stamping Tool, U-Line double-sided tape, Cuttlebug, Xyron Create a Sticker

Image coloured with Copic Markers:

Frog: YG17, YG06, YG03, YG01, BG99, E81, C1, E27, E25, E23

Boulder: E47, E44, E43, E41

Hope you like it and have a fantastic week!

You can find lots of inspiration from the Design Team Divas at the High Hopes blog, and the High Hopes Rubber Stamps Facebook Fan page plus you can also follow us on
Instagram, Twitter and Pinterest.



No comments: