Thursday, March 17, 2022

Spring In The Air

 I don't know about anyone else but I am ready for spring! As I type this, we are yet again cleaning up from some unexpected winter weather - snow, cold, and blowing snow that reduced visibility so bad they had to close the roads. Earlier in the week we had a couple days of above zero temperatures, blues skies and gorgeous sun. 

Yes, I am ready for spring....maybe not the mud .... but I am ready for sun and blue skies and that is what inspired my card. The new "Spring Pond" stamp from the This & That new release at High Hopes Rubber Stamps was the perfect backdrop for my spring scene that also includes the previously released "Waddles" and her adorable little ones. It is a beauty of a day for a spring walk.....I wonder if they will pop in for a swim too......



I stamped both stamps on alcohol marker friendly paper and coloured them with Copic markers. I hand fussy cut both stamps leaving a thin white edge around the ducks and set them aside. The Waddles stamp has a cattail and butterfly on it as well but I just wanted to use the ducks for this card.  
I found some patterned paper from Craft Consortium that I thought worked well with the scene I wanted to create. I cut the patterned paper pieces to size and then used some of the pieces I cut off to cut out some grass with a die and added them into my scene. I added Waddles using foam pop dots to add some dimension.
I stamped and cut my sentiment to size and added some stitched puffy clouds, twine and enamel dots to finish off my card. 

Card Recipe 

Stamp: Spring Pond (TLF034), Waddles (TT138) - High Hopes Rubber Stamps

Sentiment - Spring Is In The Air (FDG036) - High Hopes Rubber Stamps

Patterned Paper: Grunge Light Tones - Craft Consortium


Tuxedo Black Memento ink, Hammermill 100lb digital cover stock, foam pop dots, grass and cloud dies - Your Next Stamp, enamel dots, twine


 Copic Markers:

Water - B02 B04 B06

Ground - E34 E35 E29

Plants - YG25 G24 G28

Cattails - E23 E25 E27 YG61 YG63 YG67

Lilies - E01 E93

Ducks - W1 W2 W3 Y11 Y15 Y17 Y00 Y11 Y15



Thanks for stopping by! Have a super fantastic day!



No comments: