Wednesday, March 30, 2022

Gone Fishing!!

It’s Wednesday, and this week, I made a birthday card using High Hopes Rubber Stamps Fishing Shack - TLF038  for the image and Happy Birthday Script - FDG028  for the sentiment. I hope you have enjoyed all of the wonderful new stamps from our New Spring Release called "This and That" this month at High Hopes Rubber Stamps. I know I have. This fishing shack is a wonderful image for all of those loved one's in your life who love fishing and would be perfect for a Father's Day card too!

To make my card this week, I began with a card base of Hammermill - Premium Colour 100 lb. cardstock, cut and scored to be 5.5" x 4.25". I cut the fish cardstock from Photo-Play - Camp Happy Bear at 5.5" x 1.25" and Stampin' UP! Wood Textures paper to 5.5" x 3.25". I wanted to keep both of these piece completely flat on the base so I ran both pieces through my Xyron Creative Station and adhered both pieces to the base card, starting with the fishing pattern. I die cut some dark chocolate cardstock to the size of 4.25" x 3.25" using my Cuttlebug and My Creative Time - Rectangle Frame Dies and popped it up onto the base using U-Line double-sided tape. Using my Cuttlebug again and this time, My Creative Time - Rectangle Frame Layers at the size of 4.25" x 3", I die cut Copic Marker X-Press It Blending Card. I stamped the main image onto this die cut and sentiment onto Copic Marker X-Press It Blending Card using my MISTI and Memento - Tuxedo Black. The image was coloured in with Copic Markers and then double-side tape was applied to the back of it. This was  attached to the card over top of the larger rectangle. I fussy cut around the sentiment and ran it through my Xyron Create a Sticker. I applied it to the dark chocolate card stock and fussy cut around it again. U-Line double-sided tape was applied to the bottom half of the sentiment and liquid glue to the top portion. This was then adhered to the bottom of the card. I added in 3 little fishes from Buttons Galore & More - Sprinkletz Fish Tank to complete the card.

Card Recipe:

Stamps: Fishing Shack - TLF038 (High Hopes Rubber Stamps)

Sentiment: Happy Birthday Script - FDG028 (High Hopes Rubber Stamps)

Inks: Memento - Tuxedo Black

Paper: Copic Marker X-Press It Blending Card, Hammermill - Premium Colour 100 lb., Photo-Play - Camp Happy Bear (6" x 6"),Stampin' UP! Wood Textures 6" x 6" (15.2 x 15.2 cm), Dark Chocolate cardstock

Die Cuts: My Creative Time - Rectangle Frame Dies, My Creative Time - Rectangle Frame Layers

Tools: MISTI - Most Incredible Stamping Tool, U-Line double-sided tape, Cuttlebug, Xyron Create a Sticker, Xyron Creative Station, Buttons Galore & More - Sprinkletz Fish Tank (NK138)

Image coloured with Copic Markers:

Fishing Hut: E79, E49, E47, E44, E43, E31, E29, E27, E25, E23, E21, T5, T3, T2, T1, B000

Stones: E47, E44, E43, E42

Pathway, Rod and Reel: E37, E35, E33, E31, C3, C1

Net: C3, C2, C1, R49, R14

Pail: C3, C1, R46, R14, R08, B16, B12

Large Fish: YG17, YG01, RO2, G28

Sign: YG17, YG11, YG01

Sky: B02, B01, B00, B000

Grass: YG63, YG17, YG13, YG03, YG01

Hope you like it and have a fantastic week!

You can find lots of inspiration from the Design Team Divas at the High Hopes blog, and the High Hopes Rubber Stamps Facebook Fan page plus you can also follow us on
Instagram, Twitter and Pinterest.

No comments: