Wednesday, March 9, 2022

Beautiful Blessings!!

It’s Wednesday, and this week, I made an Easter card using High Hopes Rubber Stamps Easter Gnome - SLF034  for the main image and Beautiful Blessings - FDG030  for the sentiment. I love to colour gnomes and was so excited when I saw this adorable character in the High Hopes Rubber Stamps new "This and That" Spring Release.

To make my card this week, I began with a card base of Hammermill - Premium Colour 100 lb. cardstock, cut and scored to be 5.5" x 4.25". I cut Forever In Time - Viola cardstock to be the same size as the base card and attached it using double-sided tape. Echo Park - Welcome Easter cardstock and Forever In Time - Sky cardstock were die cut using My Creative Time - Rectangle Frame Layers and my Cuttlebug. I trimmed the Forever In Time - Sky cardstock to 2". Both pieces were inked with Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Evergreen Bough around all edges. I applied the smaller piece to the centre of the egg background and then applied U-Line Double-sided tape and popped it up onto the base background.

Using PinkFresh Studio - Essentials: Folk Edge Squares, I die cut Copic Marker X-Press It Blending Card cardstock. The image was then stamped onto it with my MISTI and Memento - Tuxedo Black ink. I stamped the sentiment onto Copic Marker X-Press It Blending Card cardstock and die cut it with My Creative Time - Bunch of Fun Circle Dies. The image and frame around it were coloured in with Copic Markers.

The remainder of the card was now ready to finish being assembled. I applied U-Line double-sided tape to the back of the image and sentiment and popped them up onto the egg background. Lastly, I added in a few YNS Gumdrops to complete the card.

Card Recipe:

Stamps: Easter Gnome- SLF034 (High Hopes Rubber Stamps)

Sentiment: Beautiful Blessings - FDG030 (High Hopes Rubber Stamps)

Inks: Memento - Tuxedo Black, Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Evergreen Bough

Paper: Copic Marker X-Press It Blending Card, Hammermill - Premium Colour 100 lb., Echo Park - Welcome Easter (6" x 6"), Forever In Time - Sky, Forever In Time - Viola

Die Cuts: My Creative Time - Rectangle Frame Layers, My Creative Time - Rectangle Frame Dies, My Creative Time - Bunch of Fun Circle Dies, PinkFresh Studio - Essentials: Folk Edge Squares

Tools: MISTI - Most Incredible Stamping Tool, U-Line double-sided tape, Cuttlebug, YNS GumDrops

Image coloured with Copic Markers:

Skin: E21, E11, E04, E00, E000

Beard: C5, C4, C3, C1, C0

Hat and Clothing: BG34, BG32, BG15, BG11, BG10, V15, V12, V01, V000

Boots: E33, E31, E30, E27, E25, E23, E21

Bunny and Bunny Ears: C3, C1, C0, RV11, R20

Carrot and Stem: E08, YR18, YR14, YR12, Y08, G14, G07, YG23, YG11, YG03

Grass: YG17, YG13, YG03

Background: Y00, G00, B000

Border around Square Frame Circle: V12

Hope you like it and have a fantastic week!

You can find lots of inspiration from the Design Team Divas at the High Hopes blog, and the High Hopes Rubber Stamps Facebook Fan page plus you can also follow us on
Instagram, Twitter and Pinterest.




No comments: