Wednesday, April 27, 2022

Hedgies Happy Birthday!!

It’s Wednesday, and this week, I made a birthday card using High Hopes Rubber Stamps Hedgie Stack - TDG027 for the image and Mini Sentiment Set #1 - HLL001 for the sentiment. These little hedgies are excited to wish someone special a very Happy Birthday!

To make my card this week, I began with a card base of Hammermill - Premium Colour 100 lb. cardstock, cut and scored to be 5.5" x 5.5". I cut the Crafter's Companion - Luxury Cardstock - Gold cardstock background paper to the size of 5.5" x 5.5" and adhered it directly to the base using double-sided tape. AITOH Origami - Print Chiyogami - Butterflies paper was cut to the size of 5.25" x 5.25" and glued on top of the gold paper. Using my Couture Creations - Go Power and Emboss and PinkFresh Essentials: Folk Edge Squares, I die cut another square from Crafter's Companion - Luxury Cardstock - Gold and Copic Marker X-Press It Blending Card. I popped up the gold die cut onto the floral background using U-Line double-sided tape. I stamped the main image onto the Copic Marker X-Press It Blending Card using my MISTI and Memento - Tuxedo Black.

The image was coloured in with Copic Markers. I used a Gelly Roll Sakura #5 Pen to create some more texture in the fur by just dabbing it everywhere. I'm hoping that it looks like little spikes at the end of their fur. I applied U-Line double-sided tape to the back of the coloured image and popped it up onto the gold die-cut. I stamped the sentiment using my MISTI and Memento - Tuxedo Black ink onto Copic Marker X-Press It Blending Card. Using a 3/4" punch, I punched out the circle surrounding the sentiment. Then, using my Cuttlebug and My Creative Time - Bunch of Fun Circle Dies, I die cut a slightly larger circle out of a scrap piece of gold paper from Crafter's Companion - Luxury Cardstock - Gold. I ran the sentiment through my Xyron Create a Sticker and attached it directly to the gold circle. Using some U-Line double-sided tape, I popped it up onto the coloured image. Lastly, to complete my card, I added in some PinkFresh Studio - Essentials Jewel Mix and flowers gems from the Dollar Store.

Card Recipe:

Stamps: Hedgie Stack - TDG027 (High Hopes Rubber Stamps)

Sentiment: Mini Sentiment Set #1 - HLL001 (High Hopes Rubber Stamps)

Inks: Memento - Tuxedo Black

Paper: Copic Marker X-Press It Blending Card, Hammermill - Premium Colour 100 lb., Crafter's Companion - Luxury Cardstock - Gold, AITOH Origami - Print Chiyogami - Butterflies

Die Cuts: PinkFresh Essentials: Folk Edge Squares, My Creative Time - Bunch of Fun Circle Dies

Tools: MISTI - Most Incredible Stamping Tool, U-Line double-sided tape, Couture Creations - Go Power and Emboss, Gelly Roll Sakura #10 Pen, Gelly Roll Sakura #5 Pen, PinkFresh Studio - Essentials Jewel Mix, Cuttlebug

Image coloured with Copic Markers:

HedgeHogs: T7, T5, T4, T3, E51, E50, R30, R22, R21, R20 (Eyes - Sakura Glaze - Black, Gelly Roll Sakura #10 Pen), Gelly Roll Sakura #5 Pen

Leaves and Grass: G99, YG67, YG17, YG13, G21

Flowers: Y17, RV02, RV10, RV00

Tree and Limbs: E31, E27, E25, E23

Sky: B02, B01, B00, B000, B0000

Hope you like it and have a fantastic week!

Check out more adorable images in the new "Spring Fever Release" at High Hopes Rubber Stamps!

You can find lots of inspiration from the Design Team Divas at the High Hopes blog, and the High Hopes Rubber Stamps Facebook Fan page plus you can also follow us on
Instagram, Twitter and Pinterest.



No comments: