Thursday, April 7, 2022

Happy Easter

  Easter is just around the corner but I had to sneak in an extra card when I saw the "Carrot Patch" stamp in the "Spring Fever" re-release at High Hopes Rubber Stamps. 

While I was colouring the stamp, I had lots of memories come flooding back of Easter preparations as a child. My brothers and I got to dye eggs and often had contests - like most colourful, most funky, most silly etc. We always had a lot of fun and our fingers were just as colourful as the eggs when we were done. After that, we had to find our favourite hat and leave it on the table so the "Easter Bunny" knew where to put our treats and then he would hide them for us to find the next morning. So many fun memories......all coming back from colouring a stamp.. <smile>


After stamping this cutie on alcohol marker friendly paper, I coloured him with Copic markers and hand fussy cut him leaving a thin white edge. I wasn't planning on fussy cutting this one but it went better with my design to fussy cut it so I did. I combined patterned paper from Recollections and Craft Consortium to create the design and added them to the 5"x 5" card base.

Next I used a die to cut a grass strip, tulips and a fence to help add a spring feel to the card. All of the paper edges are inked with antique linen distress ink to help them stand out. I stamped and cut the sentiment and added some enamel dots to finish off the card. 

Card Recipe 

Stamp: Carrot Patch (TDG029) - High Hopes Rubber Stamps

Sentiment - Happy Easter (FDG034) - High Hopes Rubber Stamps

Patterned Paper: Whitewash Wood - Recollections, Grunge Light Tones - Craft Consortium


Tuxedo Black Memento ink, Hammermill 100lb digital cover stock, tulip die - Whimsy Stamps, fence die - Your Next Stamp, grass die - Dress My Craft, antique linen distress ink, circle die, enamel dots 


 Copic Markers:

Bunny - E41 E42 E57 RV0000 RV10

Carrots - Y21 Y35 Y38 YG01 YG03 YG17

Flowers -Y15 Y17 YG03 YG17 Y00 Y11 Y15

Butterflies - E34 E35 E29 Y00 Y11 Y15

Egg - Y00 Y11 B0000 B000 B00

Grass - YG01 YG03 YG17



Thanks for stopping by! Have a super fantastic day!



No comments: