Thursday, August 17, 2023

Hangin' With Friends

 This week, I challenged myself to use a Halloween themed stamp for a card that isn't for Halloween. I have a few friends who love Halloween and I love hanging out with them so I decided to use the "Bat Friends" stamp from High Hopes Rubber Stamps for a just because, thinking of you type card that I can send to one of them.




I stamped onto alcohol marker friendly paper, coloured with Copic markers and hand fussy cut the stamp leaving a thin white edge. I set it aside and found an old Authentique paper pad that had the perfect colours and patterns to match my Halloween/not Halloween theme. I cut a black frame to go behind the stamp using two rectangle dies and cut a piece of spider web paper slightly smaller to go inside the rectangle. All of the patterned paper is edged with black ink. I stamped the sentiment and added it to the side of the frame and glued everything down. The stamped image was added using foam pop dots to add some dimension and the card is finished off with enamel dots and die cut bats. 


Stamp Recipe
Stamps - Bat Friends (TT043)- High Hopes Rubber Stamps
Sentiment - Hangin' With You (G195)
Patterned Paper - Moonlit Collection - Authentique


Memento Tuxedo Black ink, Hammermill Digital Cover Card Stock, rectangle die, enamel dots, foam dots, bat die - Your Next Stamp

Copic Markers
Skin - E00 E21 E11 E04
Teeth - white gel pen
Black - N4 N5 N8 N10
Wings - Y38 YR16 YR18 E09
Shirt - C1 C2 C4
Branch - E23 E25 E27 E47
    

Thanks for stopping by! Have a super fantastic day!

No comments: