Thursday, February 18, 2021

Have I Toad You?

 I grew up with two brothers and it was their favourite thing to try to find toads, frogs or some kind of bug that they thought would scare me and chase me around with it. I also have a number of nephews and a few friends with little boys who like to bring me "gifts" that squirm and giggle. Of course I make a big deal out of it  eeking and ewwwing which the of course they find totally hilarious! I love hearing those giggles!!!!

"Froggy Gift" from High Hopes Rubber Stamps brings these memories flooding back and has me smiling all over again. I can't wait to use this stamp again for some masculine Birthday cards or a non traditional Mother's Day card.




 After stamping this cutie and colouring it with Copic markers, I cut it out using a rectangle die and at the same time cut a piece of card stock to go behind it. Plaid paper from Your Next Stamp and a matching grunge patterned paper from Craft Consortium worked perfectly for this colour combo. Next I stamped the sentiment and cut it out with a fish tail banner die. It is popped up with foam pop dots on the bottom so it sits flat against the twine. I added a few bull rush die cuts and added some twine and enamel dots to finish off my card. 

Card Recipe 

Stamp: Froggy Gift - High Hopes Rubber Stamps

Sentiments: Have I Toad You - High Hopes Rubber Stamps

Patterned Paper - Summer Plaid - YNS, Grunge Light Tones - Craft Consortium


Tuxedo Black Memento ink, Hammermill 100lb digital cover stock, 3D foam pop dots - Recollections, bull rush die - Cheery Lynn Designs, fish tail banner die - Your Next Stamp, rectangle die - Kat Scrappiness, twine, enamel dots


 Copic Markers:

Skin - E00 E21 E11 E04 Cheeks R32

Overalls - B34 B37 B39 silver gel pen

Toad - YG03 YG17 G28 R20 R32

Hair - E25

Sling Shot - E25 E27 E29 C3

Shirt - Y11 Y15 Y17

Hat - B34 B37 B39

Grass - YG03 YG17 blender



Thanks for stopping by! Have a super fantastic day!


No comments: