Wednesday, February 17, 2021

He Is Risen!

It’s Wednesday, and this week, I made an Easter Card using  He Lives! - R057 (High Hopes Rubber Stamps) for the main image and He Is Risen! - H137 (High Hopes Rubber Stamps) for the sentiment. I really love the serenity of this image. Here's hoping that we will get to spend Easter with our loved ones this year.


To make my card this week, I used AC Cardstock for my base folded at 6" x 6". For the main background, I used this beautiful paper from Heartfelt Creations - Flowering Dogwood Collections cut to the same size as the base and attached it using double-sided tape. Tim Holtz Distress Inks - Peeled Paint was used to ink around all of the edges. My Creative Time - Scalloped Stitched Oval Dies was used to cut all of the ovals and My Creative Time - Rectangle Frame Die Layers was used to cut the small rectangle. Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Fossilized Amber was used to ink around the large scalloped oval and Tim Holtz Distress Inks - Dusty Concord was used to ink around the larger oval and small rectangle. I used 2 types of purple ribbon and ran both pieces through my Xyron Create a Sticker to make it easier to attach them to each other and then onto the card. I used some double-sided tape and glue to adhere the larger oval to the base. 3M VHB - 2 sided tape was used to add the larger oval.

I stamped the image and sentiment using Memento - Tuxedo Black and my MISTI onto Copic Marker X-Press It Blending Card. I coloured in the image using Copic markers. For the sentiment, I found the white was too bright, so I coloured over it with a soft purple Copic marker - V01. I added 3M VHB - 2 sided tape to the back of the coloured image and placed it on top of the larger oval. For the sentiment, I doubled up on the 3M VHB - 2 sided tape before attaching it to the card.

Card Recipe:

Stamp:  He Lives! - R057 (High Hopes Rubber Stamps)

Sentiment Background: He Is Risen - H137 (High Hopes Rubber Stamps)

Inks: Memento - Tuxedo Black, Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Fossilized Amber, Tim Holtz Distress Inks - Dusty Concord, Tim Holtz Distress Inks - Peeled Paint

Paper: Copic Marker X-Press It Blending Card, Heartfelt Creations - Flowering Dogwood Collections - 12" x 12" Paper Pad - HCDP1-275, AC White Cardstock, Yellow Cardstock, Purple Cardstock

Die Cuts: My Creative Time - Rectangle Frame Die Layers - MCT-D274, My Creative Time - Scalloped Stitched Oval Dies

Tools: MISTI - Most Incredible Stamping Tool, Cuttlebug, 3M VHB - 2 sided tape, Xyron Create a Sticker

Images coloured with Copic Markers:

Cross: E59, E39, E35, E33, E31

Sash: BV08, V17, V15, V09, V04

Flower and Leaves: YG17, YG03, YG01, Y02, C0

Lamb: B60, C3, C1, C0, R30, Colorless Blender

Grass: YG13, YG11, YG03, YG01

Sky: Y02, Y06, Y08

Hope you like it and have a fantastic week!

You can find lots of inspiration from the Design Team Divas at the High Hopes blog, and the High Hopes Rubber Stamps Facebook Fan page plus you can also follow us on
Instagram, Twitter and Pinterest.



No comments: