Wednesday, February 3, 2021

Not Horsin' Round

It's Wednesday, and this week, I'm sharing another Valentine's card I made using High Hopes Rubber Stamps Horsin' Around Horsey - P130. This little horse and his little friend are trotting by to wish you a Happy Valentine's Day.



To make my CAS card today, I used The Paper Studio - Primary Base Colours 4.25" x 5.5". I die cut the 2 background hearts papers from Martha Stewart Crafts - Enchanted Woodland, using my Cuttlebug and My Creative Time - Rectangle Frame Dies. I die cut Copic Marker X-Press It Blending Card using My Creative Time - Scalloped Stitched Oval Dies. The image was stamped onto the die cut using my Misti and Memento - Tuxedo Black ink. I coloured in the image using Copic Markers. Then I used Tim Holtz Distress Inks - Festive Berries to ink around the edges of all of the die cuts.

To assemble the card, double-sided tape was used to adhere the first layer directly to the card base. 3M VHB - 2 sided tape was added to the backs of the coloured image and second layer of pattened paper and then they were added to the base. To complete the card, I added 3 hearts from Buttons Galore & More - Heartfelt Shimmerz Embellishments.

Card Recipe:

Stamp:  Horsin' Around Horsey - P130 (High Hopes Rubber Stamps)

Inks: Memento - Tuxedo Black, Tim Holtz Distress Inks - Festive Berries

Paper: Copic Marker X-Press It Blending Card, Martha Stewart Crafts - Enchanted Woodland 12" x 12", The Paper Studio - Primary Base Colours 4.25" x 5.5"

Die Cuts: My Creative Time - Scalloped Stitched Oval Dies, My Creative Time - Rectangle Frame Dies

Tools: MISTI - Most Incredible Stamping Tool, Cuttlebug, 3M VHB - 2 sided tape, Buttons Galore & More - Heartfelt Shimmerz Embellishments

Images coloured with Copic Markers:

Horse: E37, E35, E33, E31, T6, T4, T2, R81

Mouse: W2, R81

Grass: YG17, YG13, YG03, YG01

Flower and Stem: G07, G03, RV06, RV04, Y15

Hearts: R39, R37, R35

Hope you like it and have a fantastic week!

You can find lots of inspiration from the Design Team Divas at the High Hopes blog, and the High Hopes Rubber Stamps Facebook Fan page plus you can also follow us on
Instagram, Twitter and Pinterest.



No comments: