Wednesday, February 10, 2021

Missing You!

 It’s Wednesday, and this week, I used Thoughtful Kimberly - H202 (High Hopes Rubber Stamps) for the main image and One Of Those Days - F252 (High Hopes Rubber Stamps) for the sentiment. I think the sentiment says it all for this card. With Covid, so many of us are not able to see our loved ones, so we can dream of when we will be able to see them all again soon.


To make my card this week, I used Hammermill - Premium Colour 100 lb. for my base at 4.25" x 5.5". I ran some brown cardstock through my Cuttlebug using Darice - Brick Wall Background. Then I inked on top of it using a variety of Tim Holtz distress inks which I have listed below. To make the window frame, I die cut the window using Spellbinders Die D-Lites - S2-016- Window Two using my Cuttlebug and Hammermill - Premium Colour 100 lb paper. I die cut this twice. I cut the centre frame out of both windows. I used the first die-cut window to create my base. Then, I cut the patterned paper from Creative Memories - Secret Garden to create my background for behind the little girl. I also cut Judi-Kins - Embossable Window Plastic to match the size of the side windows and the window above the girls head. I glued the plastic windows to each side of the window frame and then attached the second cut piece over top with glue. For the top window, I attached the plastic window behind it first and then added the background paper to it and the entire open window.

I stamped both the images and sentiment using my Misti and Memento - Tuxedo Black ink onto Copic Marker X-Press It Blending Card. I coloured in the image using Copic Markers. I used my Brother Scan and Cut to cut out the image. The sentiment and frame were cut with My Creative Time - Rectangle Dies. I ran the cut sentiment through my Xyron Create a Sticker and then placed it directly on top of the larger rectangle. I added the little girl to the inside of the window using glue on the back of her. To complete my card, I added 3M VHB - 2 sided tape to the back of the window centre part and the large rectangle and popped them up top of the brick background.

Card Recipe:

Stamp:  Thoughtful Kimberley - H202 (High Hopes Rubber Stamps)

Sentiment Background: One Of Those Days - F252 (High Hopes Rubber Stamps)

Inks: Memento - Tuxedo Black, Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Fired Brick, Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Brushed Corduroy, Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Rusty Hinge, Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Vintage Photo

Paper: Copic Marker X-Press It Blending Card, Hammermill - Premium Colour 100 lb., Creative Memories - Secret Garden Double Sided - 12 x 12 in., Judi-Kins - Embossable Window Plastic

Die Cuts: Spellbinders Die D-Lites - S2-016- Window Two, My Creative Time - Rectangle Frame Die Layers - MCT-D274, My Creative Time - Rectangle Frame Dies

Embossing Folder: Darice - Brick Wall Background - 1217-59

Tools: MISTI - Most Incredible Stamping Tool, Cuttlebug, 3M VHB - 2 sided tape, Xyron Create a Sticker

Images coloured with Copic Markers:

Skin: E21, E11, E04, E00, E000, R22, R20

Hair: E15, Y38, Y21

Hat: B26, B24, B21

T-Shirt: RV09, RV04, RV02, RV000

Hope you like it and have a fantastic week!

You can find lots of inspiration from the Design Team Divas at the High Hopes blog, and the High Hopes Rubber Stamps Facebook Fan page plus you can also follow us on
Instagram, Twitter and Pinterest.



No comments: