Thursday, June 3, 2021

A New Adventure

  I have a little man in my life who makes me smile and keeps me young! I met him a couple days after he was born and this adorable, strong little man is growing fast. He is a typical boy - loves anything with wheels, biking and jumping on the trampoline. I do have to admit he is a little hard to keep up with <wink>

Fire Truck from the vault opening and the "Mix It Up" release at High Hopes reminds me of this little guy because ... well.....it has wheels! The New Adventure sentiment reminds me of him because I don't know how, but in September he is old enough to start school! Not sure how the little's in our lives always grow so fast. This card was made for him for his first day of school as his new adventure begins....



After stamping the fire truck I coloured it with Copic Markers, hand fussy cut it and ran a black marker around the edge to get any white I had missed. After setting him aside I chose some patterned paper from a Christmas Photo Play pad and matching card stock. Next I found some lighter grey card stock in my scrap pieces bin and cut it to fit my card base. 
I created the "fire station" by inking up a brick stencil with London Fog Memento ink and cut the doors out using a square die. To add some texture to the doors, I used my score board to add some lines to them. I printed the Fire Station #2 from my computer, stamped the sentiment and cut it to size. 
The fire station sign, sentiment and fire truck are added with 3D foam pop dots to add some dimension. Twine and enamel dots finish off my card. 

Card Recipe 

Stamp: Fire Truck - High Hopes Rubber Stamps

Sentiments: New Adventure - High Hopes Rubber Stamps

Patterned Paper - Kringle and Co - Photo Play 


Tuxedo Black Memento ink, Hammermill 100lb digital cover stock, 3D foam pop dots, square die, brick stencil - Whimsy Stamps, twine, enamel dots, London Fog Memento ink, computer 


 Copic Markers:

Tires  - N4 N5 N8 N10 

Hose, Reel, Ladder, Hub Caps, Grill  - C2 C3 C4 C5

Hose -E30 E31 E43

Fire Truck - R24 R27 R37 R59 Y11 Y15




Thanks for stopping by! Have a super fantastic day!




No comments: