Saturday, June 19, 2021

Stitched With Love

  I have a few friends and a ton of family who love quilting. I did a little bit of the stitching by hand when I was growing up but I haven't tried the cutting and piecing that goes into making the quilt top. My Grandmother rocked quilting and I have a number of her quilts in my home. My favourite is what I call my "Memories" quilt because the material used on it is all from clothes I had when I was younger - so cool! 

I have a number of aunts who love quilting too so when I got a special request for a birthday card for one of them, I knew "Kathy Quilting Angel" from High Hopes would be perfect! 


After stamping "Kathy" and colouring her with Copic markers I hand fussy cut her and left a thin white edge around her. 
Next I glued her on matching card stock and cut her out again leaving a thin border. I added her to the card using pop dots and added some Star Dust Stickles to her wings. 
 Patterned Paper from the Twitterpated collection from Stampin' Up worked perfectly for my card. I cut out stitched squares with a die and set them aside. I laid out my stitched squares in a quilt type pattern on card stock, glued them down when I was happy with it and hand cut a thin edge around it to help them pop off the background.
Next I created a sentiment on my computer and cut it out using a stitched fish tail banner die and die cut a small heart in it just for fun. I masked off the Pirate's Birthday stamp to include a Happy Birthday sentiment and added a die cut spool of thread with a heart. Some cotton lace ribbon and enamel dots finish off my card.

Card Recipe 

Stamp: Kathy Quilting Angel - High Hopes Rubber Stamps

Sentiments: Pirates Birthday  - High Hopes Rubber Stamps

Patterned Paper - Twitterpated - Stampin' Up

Tuxedo Black Memento ink, Hammermill 100lb digital cover stock, stitched fish tail banner die - YNS, mini hearts die - YNS, spool of thread die - AI mini sewing, cotton lace ribbon, pop dots, stitched square die - YNS, Star Dust Stickles


 Copic Markers:

Skin - E00 E21 E11

Dress, Hat - BG72 BG75 B99 C0 C2

Quilt -E50 D51 E53 E55 R30 R32 R56 R59

Hair, Shoes- E23 E25 E27

Chair - E34 E35 E29




Thanks for stopping by! Have a super fantastic day!




No comments: