Wednesday, June 30, 2021

Smell The Flowers!!!

It’s Wednesday, and this week, I made a card using Tink Picking Posies - T027 by High Hopes Rubber Stamps for the main image and Smell The Flowers - G189 (High Hopes Rubber Stamps) for the sentiment. Most of the flowers are now in full bloom. It's so wonderful to see all of the beautiful colours and smell the wonderful aromas of the flowers in our garden. So happy that my husband has such a green thumb and loves gardening!

To make my card this week, I stamped my image and sentiment using my MISTI and Memento - Tuxedo Black ink onto Copic Marker X-Press It Blending Cardstock. I stamped the image a second time onto plain copy paper and fussy cut around it to create a mask. My Creative Time - Rectangle Frame Dies and My Creative Time - Rectangle Frame Layers were used to cut out the sentiment and background layer. I coloured in the image using Copic markers and then put my mask over top of the coloured image. Using stencils that I had created earlier with Avery Elle - Pierced Clouds Dies (D-05-01), I inked in the clouds using Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Salty Ocean. Once this was done, I removed the mask.

To assemble my card, I started with a base using Hot Buy - Cards and Envelopes (5.5" x 4.25"). I ran the coloured image through my Xyron Create a Sticker and applied it to the black cardstock. 3M VHB - 2 sided tape, was applied to the back of the black frame and then it was attached directly to the base.

Card Recipe:

Stamp: Tink Picking Posies - T027 (High Hopes Rubber Stamps)

Sentiment: Smell The Flowers - G189 (High Hopes Rubber Stamps)

Inks: Memento - Tuxedo Black, Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Salty Ocean

Paper: Copic Marker X-Press It Blending Card, Black Cardstock, Plain Copy Paper (Mask)

Die Cuts: My Creative Time - Rectangle Frame Dies, My Creative Time - Rectangle Frame Layers, Avery Elle - Pierced Clouds Die (D-05-01)

Tools Miscellaneous: MISTI - Most Incredible Stamping Tool, Xyron Create a Sticker, Cuttlebug

Image coloured with Copic Markers:

Skunk: 100, C9, C7, C5, R30, R20, Colorless Blender, (Eyes and Nose - Sakura Glaze - Black)

Flowers: RV09, RV06, Y17, Y15, Y11, Y08, V04, V01

Leaves: G28, G24, G21

Grass: YG17, YG13, YG03, YG01

Sky: B00 to fill in white spots

Hope you like it and have a fantastic week!

You can find lots of inspiration from the Design Team Divas at the High Hopes blog, and the High Hopes Rubber Stamps Facebook Fan page plus you can also follow us on
Instagram, Twitter and Pinterest.



No comments: