Wednesday, August 25, 2021

Free Broom Rides!!!

It’s Wednesday, and this week, I made a card using Free Broom Rides - TT017 by High Hopes Rubber Stamps for the main image and Wicked - FF052 (High Hopes Rubber Stamps) for the sentiment. Wouldn't you love to go on a magical broom for a ride? I know I would.



To make my card this week, I began with a card base made from Hammermill - Premium Colour 100 lb. cut and scored to be 5.5" x 5.5". I cut the background paper from Echo Park - I Love Halloween paper pad to be the same size as the base and inked around the edges and onto the paper using Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Carved Pumpkin and a Picket Fence - Blending Brush. I applied this directly to the base card using double-sided tape. Using my Cuttlebug and Essentials by Tattered Lace Dies - Easel Slider dies, I die cut Copic Marker X-Press It Blending Card and orange cardstock. Using black cardstock I cut another piece to the size of 5.5" x 1.25". I applied this to the base using double-sided tape. I inked around the orange die cut with a Picket Fence - Blending Brush and Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Black Soot. I applied 3M VHB - 2 sided tape to the back of the orange die cut and applied it to the base.

The image and sentiment were then stamped using my MISTI and Memento - Tuxedo Black ink. I coloured in the image with Copic markers. The sentiment was die cut with my Cuttlebug and Whimsy - Quick Strips Die Set dies. I inked around the edges and on top by first using Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Carved Pumpkin with a Picket Fence - Blending Brush and then around the edges again, this time using Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Black Soot. To finish off the card, I applied 3M VHB - 2 sided tape to the back of the image and sentiment and popped them both up.

Card Recipe:

Stamp: Free Broom Rides - TT017 (High Hopes Rubber Stamps)

Sentiment: Wicked - FF052 (High Hopes Rubber Stamps)

Inks: Memento - Tuxedo Black, Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Black Soot, Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Carved Pumpkin

Paper: Copic Marker X-Press It Blending Card, Hammermill - Premium Colour 100 lb., Echo Park - I Love Halloween (6"x6"), Orange cardstock, Black Cardstock

Die Cuts:  Essentials by Tattered Lace Dies - Easel Slider, Whimsy - Quick Strips Die Set

Tools: MISTI - Most Incredible Stamping Tool, 3M VHB - 2 sided tape, Sakura Glaze - Black, Pen Gelly Roll Sakura #5 Pen, Gelly Roll Stardust - Clear, Picket Fence - Blending Brush

Image coloured with Copic Markers:

Skin: E21, E11, E00, E000, R30, R24, R20 (Eyes: Sakura Glaze - Black, Pen Gelly Roll Sakura #5 Pen)

Hair: YG67, YG23, YG17

Dress: BV29, BV25, BV23, V06, V04, V01, Gelly Roll Stardust - Clear

Socks: BV25, BV23, V04, V01, YG23, YG17

Boots, Cat and Hat: BV29, BV25, BV23, R30, R20, V04, V01, YG17, YG13, E15, YR24, Y08 (Eyes: Sakura Glaze - Black, Pen Gelly Roll Sakura #5 Pen)

Sign Post, Pole and Broom Handle: E37, E35, E34, E31

Broom: E08, YR18, YR15, YR12, YR02, E97, C5, C3, C1

Spider: C7, C5, C3 (Eyes: Sakura Glaze - Black)

Grass: G17, G14, G07

Sky: B02, B01, B00, B000, B000

Hope you like it and have a fantastic week!

You can find lots of inspiration from the Design Team Divas at the High Hopes blog, and the High Hopes Rubber Stamps Facebook Fan page plus you can also follow us on
Instagram, Twitter and Pinterest.



No comments: