Wednesday, August 11, 2021

Pumpkin Buddies!!!

 It’s Wednesday, and this week, I made a card using Pumpkin Buddies - TT020 by High Hopes Rubber Stamps for the main image and Happy Halloween Script - F232 (High Hopes Rubber Stamps) for the sentiment. These little Hallowe'en friends look like they're getting ready to scare unsuspecting little ones this year. LOL!

To make my card this week, I began with die-cutting Copic Marker X-Press It Blending Card with My Creative Time - Rectangle Frame Layers for the main image and Whimsy Stamps - Quick Strips Die Set for the sentiment. The image and sentiment were then stamped using my MISTI and Memento - Tuxedo Black ink onto the die cuts. The image and grass were coloured in with Copic markers. The nose and eyes for the characters were coloured in using Sakura Glaze - Black Pen and Gelly Roll Sakura #8 Pen. I stamped out the image a second time and used my Brother Scan and Cut to cut it out so that I could use it as a mask to put over the coloured image. I also die cut a 1.5" circle out of Inkadoo Stamping Mask Paper for the moon.

I placed the mask over top of the coloured image and the moon masked circle onto the large rectangle before I inked in the sky using various Tim Holtz inks listed below. I watched a video on YouTube by Glitter Grunge Greetings for inspiration on how to create my night sky. Once the sky was complete, I removed the mask for the moon and used the outside paper that I had cut the moon from to protect the sky while I inked in the texture for it using Picket Fence Studio Blender Brushes, Tim Holtz Ranger Distress Oxide - Fossilized Amber and Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Hickory Smoke. I spritzed the moon and sky with some water. I removed all of the masks at this point and using double-sided tape, I applied the coloured image to my card base using The Paper Studio - Primary Base Colours 4.25" x 5.5". Lastly, I applied some Tim Holtz Ranger Distress Oxide - Fossilized Amber to the outside edges of my sentiment and pop it up on the card using 3M VHB - 2 sided tape.

Card Recipe:

Stamp: Pumpkin Buddies - TT020 (High Hopes Rubber Stamps)

Sentiment: Happy Halloween Script - F232 (High Hopes Rubber Stamps)

Inks: Memento - Tuxedo Black, Tim Holtz Ranger Distress Oxide: Fossilized Amber, Wilted Violet, Black Soot, Faded Jeans and Seedless Preserves, Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Stormy Sky, Chipped Sapphire, Tumbled Glass, Hickory Smoke

Paper: Copic Marker X-Press It Blending Card, The Paper Studio - Primary Base Colours 4.25" x 5.5"

Die Cuts:  My Creative Time - Rectangle Frame Layers, Whimsy Stamps - Quick Strips Die Set - WSD330

Tools: MISTI - Most Incredible Stamping Tool, 3M VHB - 2 sided tape, Sakura Glaze - Black, Pen Gelly Roll Sakura #8 Pen, Brother Scan and Cut, Inkadoo Stamping Mask Paper, Picket Fence Studio Blender Brushes

Image coloured with Copic Markers:

Bat: BV29, BV25, BV23

Pumpkin: E08, YR18, YR16, YR12, Y04, G99, G21, YG67, YG19, Y17, Y15, Y08

Cat: N10, N6, N5, R30, R20, YG06

Dog: E29, E27, E25, E23, E34, E33, E31

Oak Leaves: E13, E07, YR27, YR12

Grass: G99, G21, YG67, YG19

Hope you like it and have a fantastic week!

You can find lots of inspiration from the Design Team Divas at the High Hopes blog, and the High Hopes Rubber Stamps Facebook Fan page plus you can also follow us on
Instagram, Twitter and Pinterest.



No comments: